4. Porcelain

He jumped at the slightest of sounds. More, he was always investigating something. Usually, it was outside, sometimes he looked too long at the lights. Anywhere but Haechan's eyes.

He's anxious.

Haechan let out a shaky sigh, deciding to break the silence that had drifted in the air for about an hour now.

     "So..."

     Mark flinched, immediately apologizing.

     "What's on your mind? How can you stay quiet for so long?" Hyuck whined, pouting.

     "Oh..um...dunno.." He fidgeted with his glasses, somehow breaking them more.

     Haechan giggled, removing Mark's glasses.

     "Maybe..."

     He moved them in a certain way which somehow caused everything to magically snap into place. Haechan then placed them back onto Mark's face.

     "Oh...t-thanks..." Mark was bad at eye contact.

     The Sun watched as Mark reached for the half-full glass of water, grabbing it and taking a small sip.

     "Umm...so...I bet you 5 dollars that this cup will...uh...will spill as soon as I put it down..." Mark stuttered, reaching back out for the coffee table. He placed the cup down flatly, then lifting his hand up and waiting.

Waiting, twisting, final, tip.

     Hyuck, fortunately, caught the cup before anything spilled. Mark seemed amused by his reaction.

     "I told you. Now, where're my 5 dollars?"

     Rolling his eyes, Donghyuck took 5 dollars out of his pocket and slapped them into Minhyung's hand.

     "Thank you."

———————

     Mark felt something touching his cheek as he woke up. He was still on that annoyingly green couch. And, knowing his habits, he probably fell asleep. Now, Haechan was poking him.

     "Markie-Hyungggggg!! Mark Mark Mark Mark Markieeeeee. Come on, you two-eyed, grumpy, tired guy! Wake up!" Hyuck sang, trying his best to annoy Mark.

     "Whatttttttttt...." The two-eyed, grumpy, tired guy groaned back, grabbing an equally annoyingly green pillow and hugging it.

     "I called the landlord, he's coming over soon to let you back in. Just thought I'd let you know!!"

     Mark's eyes finally opened, glaring over at Haechan and putting the pillow back. Tired and in pain, he lifted himself up.

     "Then I'm gonna go, thanks for letting me stay."

     He didn't like how annoying and loud Donghyuck was. Mark was glad that he finally got to leave. Yeah, the kid was kind. But Mark didn't like kind. Kindness always led to something one-sided, if it wasn't returned. That's what he had learned about overly-ecstatic people. They're horrible at keeping promises. Experiences made for interesting outcomes.

Donghyuck...Lee Donghyuck...Such a familiar name.

【】

These will mostly be short chapters because I can't handle writing long chapters. Too much work.

Edit: I can comment back, now. I love hearing feedback!! Please, even if it's nonsense, comment something!

-Robin