5. List

"Good God, Mark. This is the third time this month that you've locked yourself out. What is with you?!" Doyoung threatened as he unlocked Mark's door. "Do I need to sew a key into your side!?"

"No, I'm just forgetful..." Mark replied, entering into his dusty apartment.

"Forgetful my ass! Be more responsible, Lee, you're an adult." The older mumbled as he walked away, talking to himself about who-knows-what.

Mark only giggled, closing the door and writing down the incidents onto his clipboard.

He grabbed his cracked phone from the charger, calling his bank account and cancelling his credit card. Sometimes things went his way, and this time it did. Good.

After that, he let out a pained groan, laying down on his couch.

Maybe I should try harder...not just let things happen...

Deciding he was bored already, Mark sat up and entered into his bedroom. In his closet was a large box filled to the brim with notebooks and clipboards, holding every single incident he had faced for the past 4 years.

It took him about 5 hours to do, but he listed every incident and how many times it happened.

Cuts - 14,324
Bruises - 15,102
Car collisions - 230
Locked out - 17
Robbed - 18
Broke phone - 20
Lost something - 913
Broke miscellaneous items - 1,127
Spilled something - 4,003
Other - 19,221

"Holy fuck that's a lot..."

Quickly collecting himself, Mark placed everything back into their boxes. He locked it back into the back of his closet. All of this work made him hungry.

Sluggishly sliding his way to the small kitchen he had, he gained 3 splinters, and a cut on his left foot. Not like he cared. Grabbing a box of cereal, he poured some in a bowl, eating at a painfully slow pace.

He couldn't stop thinking about Haechan. No matter how many times he tried to stray his mind away, it always landed right back to thinking about him. Mark groaned, placing his empty bowl in the dishwasher and sinking down into his old couch.

"Maybe, I should make him a thank you gift..."

——————

Haechan opened his red-brown door and looked around for who knocked. On the ground sat a sad piece of paper with glitter glue piled on top. It read "thank you" in sloppy letters. Hyuck giggled, smiling and picking it up. He closed his door and headed into his kitchen, placing the gift on the fridge door.

"Adorable," Haechan snapped a picture of it and sent it to his best friend, Jaemin.

Nana 🤡

Haycan:
(1 photo attachment)
Look what MY NEIGHBOR SENT ME
FRJEKFJDKFJ

Nana 🤡:
Omg that's- brb gonna go tell Nono that's adorable.

Haycan:
🥺🥺🥺 what do I do like-
Aaghajjfkngmg

Nana 🤡:
Wait what's his name?
I think I recognize that handwriting

Haycan:
Mark
He doesn't like hot beverages and can predict shit. I think he's a wizard.

Nana 🤡:
MARK MCFUCKING LEE????
You're shitting me
How-
How is he YOUR neighbor
Most importantly HOW ARE YOU NOT DEAD

Haycan:
IS HE LIKE A MURDERER OR SOMETHING

Nana 🤡:
No, he's super unlucky. I knew him in high school.
He doesn't like human interaction.

Haycan:
Yeah I think I know that he walked out when I called the landlord.
He got locked out

Nana 🤡:
🤦‍♂️ I'm still shocked that you're not dead

Haycan:
🤷‍♂️ guess I'm lucky
Anyways what do I do
He kinda cute doe
And
Hfnakfnskfj like I wanna get to know him better

Nana 🤡:
Invite him over again

Haycan:
That's the thing
...he doesn't seem to like my presence
WHO DOESNT LIKE MY PRESENCE?!?!?! HIM APPARENTLY BUT LIKE WTF I AM THE MOST FRIENDLY PERSON I KNOW

Nana 🤡:
Calm thyself, hoe 🥵
Maybe invite him for dinner or something
Idk Hyuck just interact with him

Haycan:
Alright fine I'll write a letter or smth 🤡🤡🤡 doing this the old fashion wayyyy
This better work, Na Jaemin

Nana 🤡:
Good luck

—————-

Haechan grabbed a piece of paper and folded it into a card shape. Inside, he wrote the following.

Dear Mark,

Thanks for the gift! I put it on my fridge!

Would you like to come over for dinner tonight? Or maybe just hang out? If so you can come over whenever. You're pretty cool and I wanna get to know you better.

Full sun