6. Regular

Mark found himself yet again in Haechan's apartment, now eating pizza on that stupidly comfortable couch while the football game was playing in the background.

     Mark was telling the story of how he fell out of a tree and broke 5 bones (and sprained his ankle) while Haechan listened with curiosity.

     "And there I was, uhh..climbing up a giant fucking tree while my best friend watches from below. I was about...uh.. 7 feet up, I grabbed at a branch and n-next thing I knew I was in a..uh..a hospital bed. I couldn't really remember anything in between, must've hit my head. Yuta...ah...he kind of saved my life there." Minhyung itched at the back of his head, his eyes slowly straying away from Donghyuck. He didn't like to talk much, he found his own voice annoying. He felt his voice was like nails on a chalkboard, just another part of him that made him the unluckiest man alive.

     "I should really thank this Yuta kid," Hyuck replied, taking a bite of his pizza and only continued talking after he swallowed the piece. "At least you're okay now."

     Mark shrugged, ignoring the text message that just came through on his phone and finishing his 2nd slice.

     "Got any hobbies?" 

     "Uhm...not really. I like writing and making music, but I'm kinda bad at both...I also like playing guitar but I end up breaking the strings no matter how softly I play it." He sighs, an aura of defeat surrounding him.

     Haechan giggled, covering his mouth.

     "At least you try!!"

     "Yeah, I guess..."

—————

     There was a loud knock at the door followed by an "HYUNG HYUNG HYUNG". Haechan, knowing exactly who it was, frowned and stood up. He opened the door to see the one and only Zhong Chenle, who then ran in and forcefully shut the door, locking it.

     "Again?" Haechan questioned, a hint of annoyance and worry in his voice. He looked sleepy.

     The brunette nodded his head quickly, going over to the pizza and grabbing a slice. He leaned against the wall next to the TV, totally ignoring Mark.

     "So what did he do this time?" Hyuck looked annoyed at first, but then grew very concerned by Chenle's reaction to the question. He sat on the armrest of the couch.

     "Called me a fag and threatened to h-hurt me..." The youngest was almost on the brink of tears falling, taking a small nibble of the cheese pizza he had.

     "I swear, you need to find another place. I can't just shelter you here because he'll find out eventually. You need to leave the apartment complex, or at least tell Doyoung-Hyung!"

     Mark was silently watching them banter back and fourth, already on his 4th slice of pizza.

     "Can I at least stay here for the night? Please, I'm begging." Lele pleaded with that one spark of desperation in his eyes.

     "I guess, but this is the last night I'm letting you stay. You better get this sorted out. Now, would you please go to bed I was trying to have a conversation with Mark"

     Chenle finished his pizza with a groan, going to the guest bedroom.

     "I'm sorry about that!" Haechan leaned towards the couch cushions, falling onto the couch and kicking his legs a bit.

     "It's fine, I don't really care.."

     Mark then received another text message, groaning and checking it.

The insomniacs

Taeyong mom 💞:
Good morning

Yuta.:
It's literally 7 PM

Taeyong mom 💞:
I said good morning say it back

Yuta.:
Gooooddd moorrrnniing 🙄

Taeyong mom 💞:
Thank you

Winwin 🥺:
Hi Hyung . Good Morning :)

Yuta.:
So Pure. I swear.

Kim Dongyoung:
Mark locked himself out again

Market:
Also got robbed. I'm at my neighbors house. Muting the chat.

Kim Dongyoung:
Dumbass.

—————

     Haechan looked up at Mark's expression. He looked angry, wonder why.

     "Turn that frown upside down!"

     Mark put his phone down, rolling his eyes.

     "...I should head home now, thanks for having me over." He got up, stretching, then felt a hand on his shoulder.

     "Wait!! C-could I have your number...?"

     "Oh, um, sure"