2. Bandage

Mark Lee stretched, wincing from the pain that bit at his insides. He didn't like to admit it, but he's one of the unluckiest people out there. The poor boy even has a list of incidents per week. This week's list wasn't much since he had been sick for the majority of it, but it was still jaw-dropping to those who weren't close with this 'not-so-lucky charm'.

He had counted 80 incidents this week, which was small compared to the whopping 130 incidents he had last week. Some of them were small, like cuts and bruises. Others were...not so small. For example, a normal person in their lifetime would probably only get hit or almost hit by a car a few times, right? Mark, however, it was a normal occurrence. Happened at least once a week.

A sigh left his cracked lips as he sat up, his bed was practically broken at this point. Mark's apartment was small and old, like a grandmother. He didn't mind. It wasn't nothing, so it was definitely something.

"I need to get bandages..." He reminded himself as if anyone was listening to him, he lived alone, after all.

The broken mirror changed into something more fitting to go outside since he was just in his boxers. Grabbing his wallet, he slammed the wooden door to his apartment behind him.

The elevator was broken.

Fuck.

Mark whined, sliding lazily over to the stairwell at the end of the hallway. He lived on the 14th floor. This would be quite a long time (assuming he didn't die while falling down a flight of stairs).

Placing his foot down on the first step, the bruised boy took a deep breath.

Don't fall, idiot.

Step.

Step.

Step.

St-fbakfojwfojsofjdoefmwfsdgklhldsgjalsjski 

Thud.

Good job, idiot. You fell.

His poor, bruised body shrieked and cried while he searched for his glasses. Reaching for them once he found them, he placed the half-broken specs back where they belonged. Peering up the staircase, a somehow familiar face stared down at him. Mark couldn't remember who this person was, but, their tan skin and soft features somehow gave him a nostalgic feeling. Brushing it off quite quickly, the broken mirror hobbled up onto his feet and started going down the next flight of stairs. 

"Sorry..." Mark mumbled as he left, hurrying his pace to avoid confrontation. 

———

Finally reaching the convenience store, he was greeted by the same friendly man Donghyuck had met before. Of course, Mark hadn't known that. 

Just get the bandages and go.

Cautiously making his way over to the bandage section, he got his usual stock, paid, and then left. All according to plan...

All according to plan? That's a first. 

Re-Entering his apartment, or, at least trying to. Mark felt for his keys in every pocket he had. Alas, nothing. He had been locked out. 

He leaned against his door, sliding down to the ground and hiding is head in shame. 

"Fuck....."