14. K

Lee Donghyuck was still looking out his window. He had zoned out completely. Haechan was so lost in him. It got hard to even think right.

     "Damn you Mark Lee..."

     There was another knock on the door which snapped Haechan back into reality. He walked over to the door, opening it to once again see Mark.

     "Oh hey, I thought you were going back to slee-"

     "When's your birthday?"

     "Oh..! Um...June 6th"

     "Thanks...so..uhm..." Mark lost his confidence, zoning out and losing that eye contact he had with Haechan. "H-how are you..?"

     "I'm good, a bit bored. How about you?"

     "I-I'm good thanks for asking" Mark was blushing. Wait. Mark was blushing?

     "So what's yours? Your birthday?"

     "August 2nd..." The broken mirror whispered, fidgeting with his sleeves. Haechan found that very adorable.

     "I'll put it on my calendar! Wanna maybe grab some boba tea later..?" Donghyuck tilted his head as Mark nodded. They both seemed to look away from each other, blushing a bright red.

     "M-my phone's broken so you'll just have to like, knock on my door, or whatever."

     "That works. See you...later?"

     "O-okay" Mark nodded, heading back to his apartment as Haechan closed the door.

——————
     The broken mirror gasped to himself, smiling a little.

     "Wait- did he just ask me out on a date? Ohmygod was I blushing? Shit shit shit shit!" He was panicked, pacing back and forth. The feelings were mixed. He felt joy and anxiety. Then again, the anxiety was always there. Mark wished he could call someone.

     Am I in love? Is this what love feels like? Love feels like sick. I wanna cry. Is his favorite color green? What's his favorite boba tea flavor?

     The apartment was still strung with that coldness from before. And the flowers he had were now wilted, which was expected. He should've gotten fake flowers, damnit.

     The porcelain boy stared out the window, sighing. It seemed that one of his mood swings was turning around the corner, his anxiety with a pair of scissors, ready to break that tightrope. Mark sat on his couch, hugging a pillow and closing his eyes. The thoughts swirling around in his mind made him go dizzy. Purple and green, green and purple. Pink, red, blue. Orange, yellow, grey, cotton. Colors seeped through his skin. Emotions he didn't know how to describe bit at his nails, and his entire world spun. It crawled up his skin, making his entire body shiver.

     Taunting.

     Snapping.

     Breaking.

My sun, my starlight
Breaking away at sunrise
What was once the night
Now slipping through our fingers
And the moon loses all hope