8. Cloth

WARNING: This chapter contains mentions of abuse, physical abuse, mental abuse, homophobia, and violence.

     Lee Donghyuck got on a fluffy, green sweater and some ripped jeans. He smiled to himself, spinning around in the mirror.

     "It's my...day off!!!" He sang as he cooked breakfast for himself.

     "And I get to do whatever I want!!!"

     He sat at the table, looking down at his feet. He was thinking about Mark. It was weird. Donghyuck found himself thinking about Mark more and more. That cute nose he had, his voice, his hair. Everything about him was just...so imperfect in...a good way?

     "Good MORNING HYUNG!!" Chenle screamed, making Hyuck flinch.

     Shit. I forgot he was still here.

     "Oh, good morning. Forgot to make you breakfast, sorry."

     "It's okay!! I can just eat out!" The younger seemed overjoyed, bouncing up and down like a child. To say Chenle was energetic would be an understatement. He was 100% chaotic, 75% talent, and 25% energy at all times. AKA he was twice you'll ever be.

     Haechan sighed, rolling his eyes. The flowers that were sitting in a pot by the windowsill had wilted, and his food had gone cold. He poked at the eggs he had made, somehow losing his appetite.

     "Would you like me to take you back to your apartment?" He stood up tiredly, throwing the eggs away and putting his plate in the sink. Chenle silently nodded behind him, the overall atmosphere in the room dropping its' joyful porcelain bowl, making it shatter into a million pieces.

----------

     Chenle hid behind Haechan as he knocked on the door. Chenle lived on the 4th floor, so they were both pretty exhausted from the walk downstairs.

     A man who appeared to be in his late 40's opened the door. His annoying, cliché outfit stained with what Haechan assumed was alcohol.

     "Came to drop the fag off? How fun. Look, you've got him all scared. Good job, mate." The man croaked, taking out the cigarette he had in his mouth. He grinned, facing Chenle and holding the cigarette towards him. Chenle jumped back, fear flashing in those deer-like eyes.

     "Yes, and if you bully him again I'll be sure to have you evicted." Haechan's face was emotionless and held complete seriousness. He was almost intimidating.

     "Fah, who gives a fuck. Just give me the boy. He deserves punishment for sneaking out past curfew. We have rules, faggot. You just never seem to listen." The balding man crushed his cigarette in his hand, forcefully pulling Chenle into the apartment by his arm. He didn't even close the door before he started throwing punches, calling the younger a fag and a disgrace to god. Donghyuck gasped, pulling out his phone and pressing record, leaning his phone on a flower pot that was sitting on a small table by the door as he charged towards the two.

     Haechan pushed the abuser to the floor, allowing (the very terrified) Chenle to escape. He then planted his foot on the man's chest, pulling him up by that stupid collar of his shirt.

     "And now that I've seen it I'll be sure to call the police on you, too." His eyes narrowed, a low growl escaping his lips.

     "What is going on here?!?!" A familiar voice boomed, to which Haechan whipped his head around to see the landlord standing right there behind them.

     "He beat me up because he wanted to!! Take him to jail! Evict him!!" The older man said, obviously lying.

     Chenle was crying, his face all bruised and beat up. He clung to Doyoung, sobbing into his chest. Haechan was completely quiet.

     "No no that's not true he's lying!!"

     "Well, then who should I believe!" Doyoung held the youngest closely, trying to get him to calm down.

     "Check the footage." Haechan motioned to his phone, to which Doyoung picked up and ended the video. The landlord checked it, eyes widening as he watched it all unfold.

     "Donghyuck, let him go. I'll be calling the police. This is horrible. Sir, you will be punished for your crimes. Until then, Chenle, you can stay in my office. Donghyuck, you can go home but prepare yourself for possible police questioning. And you," He glared at the man, fire, and anger completely engulfing him. Haechan threw the abuser down, still worked up. He left the scene, letting Doyoung keep his phone for now.

     "You're coming with me, Dunn"