9. Couch

A/N: deadass had to redo this chapter cause it deleted itself :( Also my cat scratched me OW OW OW

————
     Mark opened his eyes a little, yawning and itching the back of his head. He sat up, and beside him on his bedside table was a bottle of cold medicine and some bandages.

     Minhyung smiled at the sticky note attached to the medicine bottle.

Mark,

Yuta had to go into work suddenly so I dropped it off there's a bowl of soup in the microwave for you! Please don't burn yourself! Use oven mitts! Feel better soon!

Winwin

     Taking the medicine and getting out of bed, he sniffles.

     The apartment was colorless. Shades of brown, some grey, and the light blue of a whistling tea kettle on the stove. Mark was wrapped in a dull blanket, his mind drifting away from the world. He liked his life boring, and all of these burdens in his routine were making him anxious. Taking the tea kettle off of the stove and turning off the burner, he sighs.

     "Why can't my life ever be normal" He mutters, pouring himself a cup of tea and slowly sipping at the tomato soup.

     "You can't help it, Mark...your life is fucked up in every way..."

     This is the motivation speech he gives himself almost every day. It was part of his routine. He needed to take control of his life somehow because currently, it was way out of line. Mark lined up the items in front of him perfectly, his hands shaking anxiously.

     His phone buzzed out of line which made him flinch, putting it back not even checking who sent the message. But curiosity took over him, to which he hurriedly grabbed his device.

Haechan ☀️

Haechan ☀️:
Just got into a fight

Market:
Didn't need to know that but okay

Haechan ☀️:
I was telling you because there are police in the building now and someone is getting arrested

Market:
._. Didn't need to know that but alright

Haechan ☀️:
You're boring :p I got someone ARRESTED bro. AND EVICTED. Also saved Chenle's life

Market:
1. I like being boring
2. Good for you

Haechan ☀️:
Ughhhh can I come over at least I'm bored now 🥺 all of my friends are busyyyyyyy

Market:
I have a cold but I guess

Haechan ☀️:
YAYYYYY

-------

     Knock!

     Knock!

     Knock!

     "Come in..."

     Haechan followed suit, twisting the doorknob and swinging the door open. The entire apartment seemed to go 'creeeeeeaaaaak' at the action. The rooms were dull, exciting colors only here and there. It was quite a drastic opposite compared to his own apartment; which was plush and warm. This was open, bare, and cold. No wonder the other had caught a cold.

     The lucky boy shivered, calling for Mark's name all around the apartment, only to find him looking out an open window on the other side of his very old and dusty couch. Donghyuck huffed, placing his hands on his hips.

     "If you have a cold why do you have the window open?" He complained, making the other jump and turn around.

     "O-oh...sorry..." Mark adjusted his glasses, looking up at him with startled eyes. Haechan loosened his tough stance, feeling bad for the other.

     "It's okay!" He smiled, holding out a hand to help Mark up. The bruised boy hesitantly took it, Haechan pulling him up. "Why don't you close that window before your cold gets worse, hm?"

     The male nodded, gently closing the window.

     "There we go! Now, I think I have an idea of what to do. We," He points to the couch (to which was practically falling apart at this point) "Need to get you a new couch. And maybe a carpet, get some color in here!"

     "Oh...um...I don't r-really have the mone-"

     "Did I say you were paying?" Haechan puts his hand down, resting it on his hip.

     "Y-you don't have to I'll be fine I promise..." He nervously spoke.

     The boy sighed, doing some deep thinking.

     "Ok...well...we're doing it whether you like it or not. Besides, dust in your apartment will make you sneeze more. No wonder you caught a cold, this place is infested with germs." 

     Mark seemed to give in, but he appeared to be worried about something else entirely. Haechan noticed this, smiling.

     "I'll make sure you don't fall down the stairs"

     The other nodded at that, his eyes told Haechan exactly what he was thinking.

     "Mark I can't just let you stay in this dusty place while you have a cold. I know you feel like shit but getting outside is what you need."

     Mark tilted his head in agreement, staying quiet.

     "Mark, I need a verbal response from you." He spoke quietly, his voice filling with comfort that seemed to wrap Mark in a warm hug of sorts.

     The heavy atmosphere seemed to be scared away, hiding in the cracks and crevices of the house. Minhyung took a deep breath, his eyes wandering away to somewhere in the room.

    "O-ok...that works I guess..."