Chapter 1

I was standing in a clearing. It seemed to be around noon as the sun was shining brightly right above me. This clearing was deep in the woods of Forks, a small town in Washington, that was mostly cloudy so the sun was a rare sight.

Everything seemed calm, however I wasn't alone. About ten feet away from me stood a girl who was average height with long light brown hair that shined red in the sunlight (much like mine did). She didn't look familiar and acted like she couldn't see me, even if I wasn't that far away from her.

She was looking around the clearing sadly as she bent down to touch the slightly dead grass that was surrounding her and a faint cry came from her partly opened lips.

I don't know how, but I felt like this place was important to her and that her seeing it so dead was heartbreaking. Suddenly she looked up, her eyes widened as they took in something. Turning a fraction of a centimeter, I noticed a dark guy with long dreaded hair.

Upon looking at him, I immediately know he was a vampire as I saw his vibrant red eyes and knew this girl might be in trouble.

The odd pair began speaking but I couldn't decipher what words were being exchanged, it was sort of muffled like hearing sounds underwater. But from what I could see, the girl was terrified as the vampire slowly began raising his hand in an attempt to end her life.

But then he froze...

If I didn't know better I'd say it was out of fear, then he turned around looking towards the forest across from him. Following his gaze, I saw a gigantic wolf, as black as night, emerge from the tree line. With others coming out behind it. In an instant they began chasing the vampire hoping to kill it before it caused any more harm to the town.

It was then that I knew,

Something wicked this way comes....

Beep Beep Beep Beep

The loud noise of my alarm clock blaring, woke me up from my dream. Or vision. It wasn't a normal night sleep if I didn't have visions of future events that could potentially happen. I'd never been able to depict the exact dates for which the visions would come true, but it was rare for them to not come true.

In the sense of this one, I hoped it didn't. Not being able to take the loudness of my alarm, I happily turned it off before getting up.

I trudged sluggishly into my bathroom where I took a hot shower. The heat did wonders to my sore, tense muscles which relaxed after a few minutes. I'm not one for extremely long showers, so I was in and out in about ten minutes. Grabbing a pair of black leggings and a blue t-shirt, I threw them on before entering my kitchen.

After eating some toast, which was my usual breakfast, I brushed my teeth before heading outside to my blue Tacoma.

My nerves were building up as I drove towards my new school. Forks High School was very normal looking and kinda small, which I was greatful for as I liked smaller schools. It was easier to blend in with the humans this way.

I pulled into the parking lot, thankful that school only started a few weeks ago so I wasn't coming I the middle of the school year. Everyone was looking at my car, which was clearly a new sight for them. But luckily none of the cars here were really fancy, so that was a plus.

I felt all eyes on me before I even stepped out of the car, it was new for me to be the center of attention but I put on a brave face and smiled at some people as I passed them. Some smiled back or waved which made me feel better. As I was getting closer to the school I noticed a girl hugging a guy who had lovely long black hair, and muscles that put pro wrestlers to shame.

I was walking past them when I sensed something. Taking a deep breath I caught the earthy scent of a shifter and the sickly sweet honey scent of a vampire. I glanced over at the people I'd just passed.

The guy with the long hair smiled at the girl as he handed her a pretty dream catcher. I didn't pry into their conversation because I wasn't my business but I knew that the guy was in fact a wolf who was going to shift soon.

A few feet away from the girl, was a guy who was extremely pale and flawless. And I knew what he was.

"Just my luck," I thought "After all these years I picked a time when Vampires decided to walk around here. Which is causing the wolves to shift again after their magic being dormant for so long"

It was times like this where I wished I could be oblivious to the supernatural world around me but alas its my fault they exist, but that's a story for another time.

The vampire gazed at me as I walked passed but I ignored it, making my way into the office where my schedule and things were. Behind the desk was a pretty middle-aged woman who looked up from her computer when I stopped in front of her.

"How can I help you?" She asked giving me a kind smile which I returned.

"I'm Nyarah Scarlett Moon," I say and she nods, knowing that I'm new to the school.

"Right, here's your class schedule and a map on how to get to them. Locker number and combination. Also could you ask all your teachers to sign this so you can return it at the end of the day," she informs handing me everything and sent me off to my first class which was English.

It didn't take long to find the building before I entered the room. Eyes all on me as I was a fresh face to them. Glancing around the room, my eyes stopped on one person in particular.

There sitting in the back of the classroom,

Was the girl from my vision......