SEVEN

I fidgeted between them, feeling awkward because they were too close, and placed my hands on their waists shoving them away a little but knowing that I wouldn't have any chance to release myself if they didn't want. To my surprise, they stepped back immediately giving me room to breathe but remained close, watching me cautiously like they were expecting me to burst into tears of have a nervous breakdown. I felt like doing both, honestly. I moved one step slowly, then two, moving away from them before turning around and running to my living room. I flopped down on the couch, leaning my elbows on my knees and tangling my fingers in my hair, my eyes shut, rocking back and forth slightly while thinking of the new situation, what it involved and the possible outcome for me. Both vampires had followed me but they stayed on the other side of the coffee table, maybe they sensed that, if they moved closer and touched me, I'd have a panic attack for sure.

"What now?" I asked while my head span unable to focus in one specific thought.

"Well," Ruby hesitated. "You're turning into a vampire, of course, that would be normal in this case. We'll live together happy ever after and all that... You know."

"Turning into a vampire... drinking blood and living forever? Is that what you're talking about?" I asked angrily.

"Yes but... there's no need to say it like that, it's not that bad, honestly." I sighed tiredly.

"Ruby, even if I'd be able to accept my new eating habits because I guess they'd be something instinctive and not disgusting to me, I'd still have a problem... what about my family?"

"Oh, that problem... Well, yes, they'd vanish from your life eventually, of course," she admitted reluctantly.

"Nice euphemism to explain that they'll all die..." Suddenly, I felt even more furious: I didn't want to face the situation, I hated it and felt pain at the same time.

"Iselen," Terra grabbed my attention before tears started running down my cheeks. "Don't think about it like it's a problem but an advantage. You'll watch your nephews grow up, and their children, and their children's children. You'll be able to take care of them from afar making sure they have a happy life with everything they need: you'll always be there, like a vampire fairy godmother. In addition to that, there're other perks: unbelievable speed and strength, you'll be young and beautiful forever, having powers you can't even imagine... You'll never be alone again, you belong to us as much as we belong to you. We'll take care of each other and support each other, we'll travel and see the world from a new perspective, your perspective. We'll laugh, be happy and have fun... sex."

The picture Terra was drawing in my mind looked pretty good to me till she said the last word: the idea of not being alone, having someone to talk to forever, it caused a warm feeling in my heart. But the word sex made me open my eyes wide in shock, how didn't I think about it before? The three of us, together, in a bed... Oh my God... that was too... overwhelming. I wasn't prude and even had a crazy period when I was younger and tried to experience some new and kinky things... But then, we were talking about three women in a bed and two of them were vampires with inexhaustible energy. I wouldn't be able to deal with that, not for one second. All of a sudden, my mind got flooded with erotic images about soft skin, wet kisses, moans, hands touching lasciviously, tugging at my hair, tongues traveling all over my body, infinite number of positions and possibilities opened up before me making me blush and fidgeting awkwardly on my seat when heat burst again between my thighs.

"I love the way you think..." Terra whispered stepping closer, her pupils so blown that her eyes looked black.

I jumped quickly and ran till I was standing behind the couch using it as a shield between us, like a simple piece of furniture could protect me. "Ridiculous," I thought. She stopped immediately showing me her hands raised as a sign of surrender: she wouldn't touch me if I didn't give her permission first. I knew they'd never hurt me, maybe I didn't want to accept it but our damned connection flowed between us providing a sense of security. I strongly believed that they'd die for me and I realized I'd do the same despite being a weak human. Feelings that filled my heart were overwhelming, I felt like suffocating because they were too strong.