Chapter 15 - Blacky, The Sirius Looking Dog

Start from the beginning

"Well, it about the shrinking potion that was mentioned..."

As Vincent helped Neville with his homework, Arnya and Hermione were also doing theirs.

"You sleeping well?" Arnya asked Hermione who nodded, the bags under her eyes gone.

"The potions really doing it's work," Hermione said as she jotted down some notes on her parchment before switching to another.

"But your still, using it right?" Hermione paused, knowing Arnya was referring to the time-turner before nodding. "It's bad for your health."

"I have to use it to make it to attend all my classes," Hermione argued.

"Drop a few of them," Arnya suggested while Hermione shook her head.

"I've already come so far, I don't want to give up now. Well, except for that divination class," Hermione muttered. "I'm really thinking about quitting it."

"If you say so," Arnya said.

"Is Divination really that bad a class?" Vincent asked Nevelle, overhearing a bit of the conversation.

Neville shrugged. "To be completely honest, it makes no sense for me. I keep seeing frogs in my teacup."

"Probably talking about Trevor then."

Harry and Ron walked by. Ron and her locked eyes before turning away from each other, refusing to acknowledge either of their existences.

"You guys really need to reconcile," Vincent muttered. "It's a bit ridiculous."

Hermione ignored him.

Vincent didn't press on, taking a glance at the green band around her wrist. "How's it feel?"

"It's amazing how it can heal any physical injury," Hermione answered. "But it seems to use the person's own or surrounding energy to recharge itself."

"That's what I noticed too," Vincent pulled out a red gem. With just a thought and intent, a small flame danced manifested itself with a brilliant red colour. "That's why that ice pillar went so high, the gem absorbed the energy of the ingredients to the point where it just blew up."

"With enough energy, these things can be dangerous," Hermione commented, taking the red gem from Vincent. She played with the flame, making it grow and shrink before placing it back. "You haven't been practicing in the mornings lately, why's that?"

"I can't see Dementors, but I can feel them," Vincent responded looking outside. "The cold feeling whenever one gets close is annoying and I'd have to rely on Arnya to tell me when one was coming at me."

"Just annoying?" Hermione asked with some surprise. "Isn't it scary?"

"Of course it is," Vincent said. "Dealing with some invisible demons trying to suck my soul out isn't really pleasant. Neville, at this part you have to stir counter-clockwise."

"Oh, thanks," Neville had an enlightened look as he jotted down some notes.

"Harry's started on manifesting his patronus last I heard," Vincent mentioned. "It'd be nice to be able to do it too. Haaaa, maybe if I'm lucky, I can create some potion to ward them off."

Everyone exchanged glances at each other with the same thought in mind.

"Or you might create something worse."