Chapter 17 - Goodbyes and New Beginnings

The Basilisk, without sight, started slithering towards Vincent's footsteps as a last-ditch effort. His golden eyes flashed as he merely sidestepped to the side before stabbing his rods down on the snake as is slithered past. 

The combined strikes multiplied the pulse potions' effectiveness, sending a shockwave that was accompanied by a snapping sound. The surrounding splashed up into a wall of water. Vincent gritted his teeth as the Basilisk was tossed not too far back. He didn't expect some of the shockwave to recoil back towards him. Vincent ignored the pain and dashed after the beast which started thrashing about again.

"Now that I can see you, you're actually a bit slower than the Willow," Vincent said nonchalantly as he dodged each strike. He sidestepped, jumped and even rolled to avoid the blows before he arrived under the Basilisk.

He quickly sheathed his rods before pulling out one yellow potion and his silver knife before he jumped. Vincent then landed on the head of the Basilisk, stabbing into it for a better hold. He then held the potion in his mouth before unsheathing one rod and throwing it downwards. Before it hit the floor, the moment Vincent reached out his hand it shot up to smash into the Basilisks jaw snapping its head back. Vincent then used his free hand to toss the yellow potions directly inside the Basilisks mouth before kicking off. After a momentary pause, a silent boom rang out from the snake's mouth. 

In pain, hissed madly before letting out a long breath of smoke from its mouth.

"The skins too thick!" Vincent cursed.

He then jumped back to avoid a downward strike of the Basilisks tail before tossing both his rods at the head. The pulse it made wasn't as powerful as it had been when it started since it only seemed to bash the head instead of snapping it back.

"I'm running out of gel, the Thunderbolt potions' not working," Vincent thought before resheathing his rods and pulling out two silver potion knives, "and I don't have the weapons to take this thing down."

Vincent ran back towards the Basilisk dodging another strike before climbing on and jumping towards the head again. The two knives stabbed into its head, with much difficulty. Vincent hung there as the Basilisk thrashed even more violently than before. It then started slithering around the chamber, trying to throw Vincent off, but to no avail. It hissed in frustration before shooting up towards the ceiling.

Vincent's eyes widened before he groaned, "Oh come on—"

They smashed through the ceiling causing multiple pipes to burst and pools to crumble, leaking into the chamber below. Vincent let go of one of the knives and used his arm to block his face. A piece of rubble smashed into it making him shout out in pain as he let it dangle by his side. As the Basilisk reared its head, Vincent noticed Tom Riddle and used the momentum to jump in his direction.

"Will people stop interrupting me for one li—"Riddle was saying before a foot plowed into the back of his head, sending him flying towards a startle Harry and Ron. Ron snatched Ginny's wand back before kicking Riddle to the side. Riddle dispersed into a black mist before reappearing beside the Basilisk. Despite his glare, he couldn't hide the shock of Vincent still being alive.

"Screw you," Vincent muttered as he glanced at the two boys, "Hey guys, long time no—ow, hurts to talk."

"Vince!" The face of the boys lightened up before turning horrified.

"What the actual bloody hell happened to you?" Ron asked hollowly seeing Vincent's state.

His clothes were all ripped and his upper body was barely covered by a badly torn hoodie that didn't cover up half the scratches and bruises he received. His right arm hung loosely at its side with a large bruise on his elbow. His face had a nasty cut at the side with a wet blood trail that led down to his neck. All in all, Vincent was a bloody mess.