Chapter 5 - ...During the Cup...

Vincent couldn't help but gape at the sheer size of the stadium. It's size could easily fit several basketball stadiums and still have room for more.

"Stadium easily seats a hundred thousand," Mr. Weasley explained. "Five hundred Ministry Wizards have been working on it all year long. Even has Muggle repelling charms on it to prevent them from getting close, makes them remember something important to do at the last second."

Vincent nodded as he continued to try and shrug off the compelling feeling of forgetting something. If he wasn't warned of it beforehand there was no way he could have easily ignore the feeling. 

The thing with most spells that affect the mind, is that they can easily lose effect or be brushed off as soon as someone is aware of what exactly is affecting them. However, for Vincent, it still wasn't easy walking forward while remembering several small things he may have forgotten. Even if it wasn't true. 

"I forgot to water my cat—I don't have a damned cat!" Vincent sighed with frustration over the absurd thoughts going through his mind. 

Thankfully, the impulses stopped once he passed the entrance, making him sigh in relief. He didn't want to suffer with uncontrollable thoughts while watching the match.

"Prime seats!" said the Ministry witch at the entrance when she checked their tickets. "Top Box! Straight upstairs, Arthur, and as high as you can go."

Going up the stairs alone took a lot longer than what most would find convenient. When they finally entered the top of the staircase, everyone found themselves looking down on an incredible scene of  thousands upon thousands of witches and wizards taking their seats around the large, smooth, oval field. Like a normal Quidditch field, it had three goal hoops, fifty feet high, on each side and directly opposite them was a large blackboard that had gold writing flash across it constantly with different advertisements. 

"Dobby?" Harry's voice reached Vincent, making him turn suddenly. Dobby was a house-elf that Harry had freed in second year, and one of Vincent's friends that he had made during his time at Hogwarts. It would be strange if he was here.

It turned out that it wasn't Dobby, but a another house-elf that seemed to be female. It had it's face hidden in it's hands as it trembled in front of an empty set of seats.

"Did sir just call me Dobby?" squeaked the elf curiously as it peaked from it's fingers.

"Sorry," Harry told the elf, "I just thought you were someone I knew."

"But I knows Dobby too, sir!" squeaked the elf. She was shielding her face, as though blinded by light, though the Top Box was not brightly lit. "My name is Winky, sir - and you, sir -" Her dark brown eyes widened to the size of side plates as they rested upon Harry's scar. "You is surely Harry Potter!"

"Yeah, I am," said Harry.

"But Dobby talks of you all the time, sir!" she said, lowering her hands very slightly and looking awestruck.

"How is he?" said Harry. "How's freedom suiting him?"

"Ah, sir," said Winky, shaking her head, "ah sir, meaning no disrespect, sir, but I is not sure you did Dobby a favor, sir, when you is setting him free."

Vincent watched from the side-lines as Harry conversed with Winky. From what he's hearing so far, Dobby's freedom seems to arouse some disagreement among other house-elves. Seeing as house-elves have been working for wizard kind for centuries, it makes sense that Dobby's freedom can look odd or even downright insulting to their kind.

"House-elves is not supposed to have fun, Harry Potter," said Winky firmly, from behind her hands. "House-elves does what they is told. I is not liking heights at all, Harry Potter" - she glanced toward the edge of the box and gulped - "but my master sends me to the Top Box and I comes, sir."