I unlocked the bathroom door and walked out. I noticed Carter was no longer at the desk. Must had left out.

Hopefully for food.

I was hungry and I had to finish up the bit of studying for my business class. I grabbed my duffle bag full of clothes and found my sleep shorts. After lotioning my body up, I slip them on and slipped on a black spaghetti strap T-shirt.

Can't have my nipples giving the wrong message.

I grabbed the hotel booklet, sitting on the bed and flipped through it, looking for room service. I heard the door click then opened. I wanted to look his way but I kept my eyes on the paper.

I was a bit irritated with him as much as he was with me. I didn't want to say anything that will add more fuel to his fire.

I folded my legs and leaned back against the fluffy pillows, continuing to look through the booklet. He dropped something in front of the bed and walked towards the computer. His phone went off and he fished in his sweats, pulling it out. I looked out the corner of my eye and saw him checking the screen then placing it to his ear.

"Are you here? In Georgia?" He asked, while walking right back out the room.

I frowned. Who was he talking to?

"I'll send you the address. See you in the morning if not sooner." He walked back in. A moment longer, he hanged up and turned to look at me.

"Are you ready to talk to me, now?" I queried and he reluctantly nods and finds a spot on the bedding.

"First, I need to eat." I told him and pushed the booklet into his tatted hands.

He opened the booklet and looked through it. "I'll go out and make you something. I don't trust shît."

"Alright, I'll come."

He looked away from the book and met my own eyes with narrowed ones. "Don't start, man. Just stay here." He good and walked to the closet.

Just stay here. My mouth moved, not making a sound. I stick my tongue out at his back.

As if he sensed it, he spoke again. "I'll have use of that tongue if you want to continue being childish."

I rolled my eyes. Here we are again. I pulled the duvet over and slipped under the soft warm sheets. I reached over and cut on the tv. Flipping through channels until I found a movie that looked interesting.

Carter came back out with a black hoodie and walked near me, toward dresser. He grabbed the car keys to the SUV. He pulled the drawer open, revealing his gun. Clicking sounds as he checked to make sure it was loaded. He leaned over me, placing the gun on the bed near me, pointing towards the window.

Then he kissed my temple and pulled at my curly haired ponytail.

"I'll be back. It's on safety but you know how to take it off." He said and then he was gone.

He came back with some gourmet dinner. Baked chicken with rice and vegetables and it was placed on a plate in a special and specific way.

"Were did you get this?" I asked curiously.

He sighed loudly. "Just eat, Tiana."

I looked at him with narrowed eyes. "Are you that upset I took off the fvcking scarf?" My blood boiling because if he still was, it's ridiculous and stupid to even argue about.

"No, but you should have listened to me. You're not my only fvcking problem." Carter's eyes narrowing back at me.

My frowned went deeper when I heard his words. "I'm a problem now cause I took the scarf off."