Chapter 5

Luke

It actually happened and it was everything I ever imagined. I remember sitting in my bedroom, watching her interview celebrities from all across the globe and having them perform one of their hit songs and it actually happened to us. This was no longer me sitting behind a computer screen and wishing that I was famous because now my dream came true and people are watching me instead. "Guys, we did it," I breathed out happily, revealing a large smile that made all of them happy.

"I didn't expect to have this much fun," Michael commented, walking towards a table stand that had small beverages on it. "Neither did I, it was freaking amazing," Ashton retorted before asking Michael to pass him a water bottle since his throat was dry. I couldn't help but admire the way Ashton gets so giggly whenever he's happy or something great happens to him. He is such an optomist person in my life, always looks at the bright side and never the negative. Ashton is just an amazing person in general and basically the only person that I can never get sick of looking at. Calum scattered over to me and wrapped his left arm around my neck while I picked up the spare water bottle and sipped on it. He started whispering happy things in my ear which confused me but I didn't question him on it.

"You guys did great, thank you so much for coming," we heard someone say behind us. I turned around under Calum's touch, stiffening at the fact that someone might see and mistake us as a couple when we're only friends. Thankfully, it was only Ellen so I took a deep breath then replied with a smile, "Its no big deal, we're honored to be here."

"You've really changed things for us, El," Ashton stated, putting his elbow on her right shoulder. She chuckled and shook er head while retorting, "I haven't seen anyone this chirpy and excited to be here ever since Alex from Target." We all burst into a pit of laughter and started tossing strange, somewhat rude comments into the air.

"His fame just came to him but it's going to go down just like what happened to Carly Rae Jepson." I frowned at Calum's comment because Call Me Maybe was the shit and I constantly jammed to it when nobody was looking and I'm sure they did too. "Yeah, its sad that it happened but hey, at least she's still continuing with her career even though she doesn't get as many views," Ashton responded, being the little positive cutie pie he is. I giggled even though what he said wasn't funny then quickly covered my mouth to prevent myself from looking strange in front of everyone.

"He had a pretty smile though," I commented out of the blue and suddenly, there was a strong silence among the group and I bit down on my lip nervously.  Michael laughed then moved his eyes left to right. "You are joking, right?" he exclaimed, making things even more awkward. Of course I wasn't joking because I was being honest but I just nodded and the silence went away. "Well, again, thank you for showing up and I'd love to have you all on my show again," Ellen stated just before walking off to speak with another guest star.

"So boys, what should we do next?" I questioned, trying not to think about the obvious judgement they gave me when I said Alex has a pretty smile. "Hm," Calum pursed, placing a finger on his chin while stroking his imaginary beard to show us that he was thinking. Ellen had a lot of guest stars on this episode and I felt bad for awkwardly standing behind the stage. Other people have to be here so we don't have much time until we will be escorted out anyways. "We could go meet some more of the fans," Ashton suggested, knowing that many of them were standing outside, waiting for us to come out.

"Alright, sounds good,' I replied. I quickly grabbed my jacket and waved goodbye to Ellen just before walking off into the distance. We took the back stairs to avoid getting mobbed then soon enough, we arrived outside. There were tons of fans standing behind a silver fan, holding up signs that say they love us and such. I was the first to open the door and immediately, they started screaming at the top of their lungs while shouting, 'Oh my god, oh my god, look its them!" Sometimes, I wish that Ashton was as affectionate about me as these girls are but then again, Ash only sees me as his best friend and nothing else.

"Luke!" I heard a few girls calling my name, so I walked over to them while gripping tightly onto my jacket. Michael and Ashton both went in the opposite direction of me to girls that were screaming their names and Calum decided to just stick with me. "Can I take a picture with you?" A girl with brown hair exclaimed,  holding her IPhone out in front of me. I nodded then leaned in, while smiling with my teeth. She took the picture then pulled me into a warm and loving hug. I'm thankful to have these girls by my side, honestly. It'd be a lot easier being straight because then I could date one of them but my heart belongs to Ashton and only Ashton.

I went on to the next pair of fans, who also asked for pictures and such. The one that caught me off guard though was when a guy asked me if I could kiss him on the cheek. Of course I didn't mind, since he is a guy and I do love guys a lot. I willingly nodded and he jumped up and down while pulling his camera phone in front of the both of us. He had a chirpy expression on his face so I closed my eyes then pressed my lips against his cheek and saw a dim flash. "Ohhh, fuck my lifee," he happily said, running away with his phone. I nodded then watched as he ran off to Ashton who was signing autographs.

I didn't understand why he didn't ask Michael and Calum for one but maybe he will. "Hey Luke, can you tell me a joke?" one of the girls asked, so I nodded while thinking about one. She held up her IPhone and started recording me which made me feel a little nervous but that's okay. "Whats the cheese you can't have?" I asked, then smiled for a second, "Wait no, what's the cheese that isn't yours?" I felt myself smiling really big because this is a super cheesy joke.

"I don't know, what?" She questioned curiously. "Nacho cheese." The girl and her friends started laughing and I laughed back, feeling happy that someone actually finds me funny. Its rare that it ever happens, mainly because I'm weird and quiet sometimes. I like it that way though and I don't plan on changing it any time soon. I continued to walk down the aisle to talk to fans but my heart stopped when a specific fan asked me, "Are you and Ashton together?"

I wish we were but unfortunately it's never going to happen and I just want to be with him honestly but I know that he doesn't feel the same. "No," I replied, looking down at my feet while continuously biting down on my lip. It's been a serious habit of mine ever since I got my lip pierced so it's hard to stop doing it. "I'm Muke af," someone in the background commented, then I slightly shook my head and gave them a smile while walking off apologetically. I enjoy spending time with fans but I don't want to be upset over the fact that Ashton isn't mine.

I know that I said I was perfectly happy with being best friends with Ashton but that's a lie because I'm not fine at all.