Chapter 14

Ashton

The whole idea of going to a party creeped me out in all honesty. We were in a band for instance, so I figured that it wouldn't be too bad. Well, I was wrong. At first, it was alright. Luke and Calum went downstairs with some guys to play pool while I pulled Michael with me to go watch a band play. They were pretty good, and they were just starting out too. When I gave them advice and told them my opinion, they said that it meant the world to them that they were getting it from one of the biggest bands out there. It made me smile, since I don't really hear that often. However, it makes me pretty sad to think that there are so many talented bands out there who don't get as much recognition. Especially bands that write from the heart and tell fans that everything will be okay, like how Pierce The Veil does. A lot of people know who they are, and I feel like every song they wrote is amazing and heart warming.

When we were watching the bands though, I kept gazing over at Michael. He looked so amused with everything with the way his green eyes lit up in the sunlight. He was such a ravishing person to me and I wanted to tell him that, but if I did it would come off as weird and we don't need anymore weirdness in this band. It's bad enough that we go around dressed in ninja turtle costumes when it isn't even Halloween. But then again, it makes us cool and I'm Ashton Irwin. Now, that's pretty cool.

It wasn't long until the band finished their last song, which was called "Hold Onto Me Tight." All of the lyrics reminded me of how I feel about Michael, and he seemed so intrigued by the song as well. I wanted to be the reason that he was smiling, but it killed me inside when realizing that I wasn't. It was obvious that there was somebody else, and I was secretly hoping that I could be that somebody. When the band finished, we immediately headed downstairs to the basement when over-hearing a conversation between two girls about a game of spin the bottle. That game always made me nervous but Michael wanted to do it, which made me want to do it as well.

Throughout the game, nearly everyone was asking questions, and my eyes widened when Michael told everyone that he was bisexual. I never expected him to be that way, since he always seems to be the type to like girls and get with them whenever he wants. The fact that he likes guys too, makes me smile, but it also makes me frown because that gives me half a chance to become his, only half. That's not a lot if you think about it. I mean sure, I have a chance, but come on. We are in a band for hells sake, if we ever dated, it would just feel weird to everyone and make people uncomfortable. The last thing I want to do is put people through that.

Luke was gazing at me weirdly when Calum and I started laughing, and it made me shift uncomfortably on the floor. My legs were already in a weird position, so I changed the way I was sitting then frowned. He was still staring pretty hard, as though he was thinking deep about something that I just couldn't figure out. I wanted to know what it was, but I wasn't sure how to say it.

Anthony grinned a bit to himself before standing up with the bottle of beer in his hands, then he decided to call off the game. I felt offended that nobody asked me anything, but it was alright. I eventually got used to those kind of things so it isn't like it affected me all that much. Ian soonly followed Anthony behind, and I chuckled to myself for no reason.

-

I eventually decided to walk upstairs and grab myself a cup of water, but a guy that I recognized as Caspar stopped me.

"Aye mate, I wouldn't drink that if I were you." I cocked an eyebrow at him in confusion then held up the red cup filled with clear liquid. "Why not?" I questioned, "It's only water."

He shook his head then set the cup down. "It sure does look like it but it's not. There's vodka in there buddy, I suggest just getting some yourself from the sink." I frowned, then walked towards the sink to grab some water out of the fossit. I never liked doing things for myself at other's houses because I felt like I was going to mess up and make a fool of myself. I noticed that Caspar was watching me precisely out of the corner of his eye, making sure that I was getting water and it made me happy knowing that someone actually cared about my actions.

Once I finished getting my water, I walked upstairs to find a bathroom, which meant that I had to open all of the doors. The first door was empty, and it was a room with a cute little playpen, which probably meant that Anthony had a little brother or sister. I moved on to the next room, and my eyes widened when seeing a couple getting undressed. The girl quickly covered herself with a white blanket while the guy glared at me and threw a pillow at my face.

"Get the fuck out!"

I rushed to the next door, cringing to myself at the fact that people even have the guts to have sex at someone else's house during a party. I mean sure, they're probably drunk and all but they shouldn't do that. Or if anything, they should lock the door. I feel bad for the girl though because she could end up getting pregnant and he could leave her. But then again, not everypne is like that. I sure hope not anyway.

I moved to the next room, and I noticed that the door was creaked open a bit. I peeked through, and I saw Michael and Luke sitting on someone's bed, talking. They were having a conversation about something that I couldn't understand, so I leaned my head against the door then began listening.

"Michael, it's okay. I promise you, you need to stop being upset."

"Why?"

The guy I love is upset? He should never be upset, not without me knowing anyway. I continued to listen to their conversation but they kept mumbling quietly after that, so I just opened the door fully. My heart stopped when I saw Michael and Luke's fingers intertwined, and they looked scared when seeing me standing there.

"Ashton, it's not what it looks-"

I felt my face heating up out of anger and my fists clenching, so I quickly slammed the door shut and rushed downstairs, ignoring the sounds of Luke calling me back. Caspar tried stopping me and asking me what was wrong but I only pushed him away out of annoyance. I went back to that red cup that Caspar told me not to touch, then gulped it down quickly. It tasted horrible, but I loved the way it got rid of any problems in life for a while. I drank another cup after that and stopped when seeing that there weren't anymore on the table. Luke was walking towards me quickly with a hopeful expression on his face, so I shook my head and began speeding off somewhere that he couldn't find me.

It was hard getting through the crowd honestly, since nobody wanted to move. However, I eventually got through and smiled to myself when I saw Calum. I sped up towards him then tapped his shoulder, which made him jump as though he hadn't talked to anyone at all that night.

"Take me home."

"What?"

"You can come back, just take me home. Please?"

"Ashton, can you explain to me what happened?"

I looked around the crowd, then pulled him towards the empty hallway. Luke was getting closer and closer, so I panicked when not being able to tell Calum what the hell I was so upset about. Luke eventually was walking towards the hallway we were in, so out of panic, I grabbed Calum's wrist and pushed him into the wall, which caused Luke to stop walking in his tracks.

This was my one chance to get back at him for holding hand's with my man. So, I gripped tightly onto Calum's wrist and slammed my lips into his, leaving a heart-broken Luke to just stand there confused.

A/N: Hey! I'm sorry for bullshitting everyday to get out of writing another chapter. I've honestly been making excuses a lot. I just have too much going on but I really tried for you guys tonight so I hope you're not too upset with me.

Anyways, hope you enjoyed the chapter. Bye! :)