Chapter 17

Luke

I wasn't thinking straight when I told Michael to be my boyfriend. It started out with small talk, and we felt awkward and uncomfortable with the idea of being a couple. However, that started to change after a few days. We didn't want to lay side by side, or hold hands, or even kiss. We assumed that it would be awkward and we didn't want the other two boys to hate us for it. But then we thought about it a while longer and we remembered the reason that we were doing this in the first place. It was to make them jealous. I mean, that was our goal afterall, and it was working.

Michael was adorable in my opinion. He was the perfect boyfriend and he still is. I still want Ashton of course, because I'm truly in love with that boy, but I know I have some sort of feelings bubbling up for the blue haired boy with the eyebrow piercing. He just knows how to make me smile and laugh, more than Ashton ever could. We've always been friends and now it feels kind of weird thinking that we're a couple, since I've been used to the idea of never being in a relationship all of this time. But now I have Michael, I have someone that I can hold close when I feel lonely and he won't judge me for it.

I was sitting on the couch, right next to Michael who was laying his head gently onto my chest. I was in a normal position, with my back pressed against the couch and my feet planted perfectly on the floor, while Michael had his body spread across the entire couch; him practically laying half of his body on my own to give himself comfort. He told me that I was comfortable so it didn't bother me that he laid on me like it would with other people. Ashton and Calum were having a conversation in the opposite room, about how we're annoying them and all. It made me smirk since the plan was working all along and that's what I wanted from the beginning.

As Ashton walked out, I quickly gripped a hold of Michael's soft, small hands and intertwined his fingers with my own. Michael looked at me confused, but only smiled and allowed it. Our hands didn't fit perfectly with eachothers, that's for sure, but it was pretty damn close. Ashton grumbled quietly to himself and sat down in the chair across from us and glared while slouching his body down. I wasn't sure where Calum was, but I knew that I was going to take advantage of that.

"Give me a kiss," I said to Michael, who only smiled softly and looked at me with those lost green eyes of his. He leaned up slowly, keeping our fingers intertwined, and our lips were pressed together once again. This time, the kiss didn't feel weird. Neither of us were scared, it was just a loving kiss and it felt nice, because I haven't had one of those in a long time.

Ashton was still staring pretty hard, so I only avoided his gaze and allowed Michael to cuddle into me more as he practically wrapped my arm around his small waist. This was a lot better than I expected it to be.

There wasn't much to do today, since it was cold outside and the rain was pounding on the roof. I looked at Michael who was slowly starting to fall asleep in my arms, then I planted a small kiss on top of his forehead. He returned a smile with his lips closed, and his cheeks coated a small shade of pink. Everything about this moment was adorable to me, and I felt bad for wanting it with Ashton more than I wanted it with Michael.

-

It was still raining outside, but it would only stop occasionally. I wondered what it would be like if I were to go out there and just dance, but I knew that none of us could afford to get sick. However, I felt that getting sick would be worth what I was about to do.

Michael was slowly starting to wake up, so I watched him until his eyes opened fully and he blinked a couple of times. "Hi sleepy head, let's go do something." He yawned, then scratched his nose as though he was a kitten and leaned up, nodding his head to assure me that it was okay. I stood up first, then held my hand out to help him up. He took it in his, then I pulled him outside into the rain.

At first, he looked hesitant and began shaking his head in confusion. "Why are we out here, Luke? It's cold." I nodded knowingly, and pulled him close. "Don't worry, I'll keep you warm," I retalitated, and gripped a hold of his waist, then pressed our bodies together. We started slowly swaying - with my arms wrapped around his waist and his arms wrapped around my neck, as though we were in a ballroom, dancing in front of a million smiling people. But instead of a ballroom, we were slow dancing in the rain.

His hair and clothes were dripping wet now, and I could see that he was starting to shiver but attempted to ignore it. I wanted to stay out here, since this is what I always imagined doing with Ashton. Even though Michael isn't Ashton, he still knows how to make something I've always wanted come true. So, I pointed my index finger out as a gesture for Michael to hold on, then I grabbed a jacket that was hanging on the doorknob of our front door. It wasn't wet since the roof covered it and kept it from getting cold. I gripped a hold of it, then brought it to Michael who had his arms wrapped around himself.

"Here, put this on."

"You need it more, you look cold," Michael replied with a small chuckle. I only shook my head and placed it on top of his shoulders as we began to sway our bodies side to side again. The rain was still coming down, but you could see the sun slowly starting to appear in the sky. I took that as a chance to make Michael smile, since his smile is beautiful, and I kissed him.

This is what you would see in movies, a couple dancing in the rain, the boyfriend worrying about his partner getting sick, then kissing that person to make them smile. But in my eyes, this wasn't a movie, it was nothing like it, because it was so much better than that.

The two of us smiled into the kiss, then intertwined our fingers together before walking back inside. Calum and Ashton were in the living room and they immediately glanced at us when seeing how damp our clothes and hair were. They didn't do or say anything though, so we each went to Michael's room and put on some different clothes, since we were boyfriends now and it didn't matter if we saw eachother naked. Because it wasn't sexual in our minds, it was just loving, and that's all I could ask for was that in this very moment. Love.

A/N: My OTP is lashton but this chapter gave me the feellllsssss so now I'm muke af as well ugh. Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter cause I did and the idea of it was just super cute to me. Sorry that Ashton and Calum weren't in this chapter much, but they will be in the next few chapters a lot ;)

Thanks for reading, byee :)