Joshua Bassett Imagine: Frozen ❄️

Start from the beginning

When we got to our seats, Joshua pulled out my chair for me. I was surprised that he was such a gentleman. We started talking about random things such as our jobs, our favorite foods, hobbies, and favorite musicians when the waitress came.

After we ordered we started talking about more personal things such like how our careers started and relationships. When Joshua asked me if I have ever had a boyfriend, I bit my lip and looked down at the napkin on my lap.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked that so soon. You don't have to talk about it. Why don't we talk about something else?" He said while reaching out for your hand across the table.

Before you could react you, phone started ringing. You excused yourself to the bathroom and left the table.

"Kat. I am so sorry to interrupt your date, but you need to come home now. Ella threw up and now she won't stop crying. I don't know what to do. She won't watch paw patrol, let me change her diaper, or eat anything."

"Oh, my poor baby. I'm coming home as soon as possible."

You got back to the table where your Spaghetti with Meatballs was waiting for you as well as a curious Joshua.

"Hey are you okay (Y/N/N)? You look a bit stressed." He asked looking you straight in the eyes.

"I need to go home now. Family emergency. Is there any way we can get this packed? I really need to be home as soon as possible. I am so sorry if I am ruining this date." You said while playing with your fingers.

"Yeah we can get this to go. What's wrong? You can tell me anything." He said while holding your hand across the table.

"I'll tell you when I get home." You said whispering.

The car ride home was silent. You were thinking of how you were going to tell Joshua that you had a child from a past high school relationship. He was humming to songs on the radio and concentrating on the road.

When you got home, Julia greeted you and led you to Ella's room. She was laying in her crib playing with Duffy. She looked tired and pale. Ignoring Joshua who was standing behind you, you started talking to your two-and-a-half-year-old daughter.

"El what's wrong? Jul said you got sick and didn't want to eat dinner or watch Paw Patrol." You said while comforting your daughter. Joshua was just staring in disbelief behind you.

"Ma stomach hurts. Feel icky." Your daughter said as best as she could. Julia quietly left the room and got a uber back home. Leaving the three to have their moment.

"It's ok. Probably a 24-hour virus baby. I'm going to get you some water, so you don't get dehydrated."

"Can we watch Fwozen." Your daughter said mispronouncing her R's like you did.

"Sure baby. I'll be back."

When you got to the kitchen Joshua was sitting on one of the barstools.

"You didn't tell me that you had a child. Julia knew but I didn't know?!" Joshua said almost yelling at you. He was obviously upset but he was also cute when he was mad.

"I'm sorry. What was I supposed to do? Tell you in front of the whole makeup trailer that I had a child from a past relationship where the father left me? I wanted to start my life over in Utah. I thought that I wouldn't be known as that "teen mom" anymore." You said rambling to him on the verge of tears.

"Hey. Look at me, I'm sorry your going through that. We don't have to rush anything. I'll do anything to help you. I love children. I have five sisters. I've also changed diapers and babysat before." He said while holding your hand.

Before you could respond, you heard Ella crying on the baby monitor. Your rushed to her room to see her sitting in throw up, her clothes were all messy as well as Duffy. She wouldn't stop crying. You immediately got to work.

"Joshua can you grab her a spare pair of Pjs please?" You said while starting a bath and grabbing some cleaning supplies from the closet.

Josh was in awe at how good you were at parenting and multi-tasking. The smell of puke was making him nauseous, but he stayed and helped you out.

After you gave Ella a bath, she begged you to turn on Frozen even though you insisted that she should sleep because it was almost 8pm. She kept begging and soon Joshua did too. It was honestly kind of funny. You gave in and turned on Frozen. The deal was that Ella had to finish her water while they watched.

Right before Anna and Hans started singing "Love is an Open Door", Ella fell asleep on your lap. You gently picked her up and put in her crib then turned her monitor on before returning to Joshua.

"I'm sorry that this was such a bad first date. You could've left me or gone home."

"I wanted to stay. Besides I love kids. Ella is a cute name. I'm sorry she's not feeling well."

The rest of the night you watched Frozen with Joshua while laying your head on his lap. This lead you to falling asleep on the couch with him. He kissed your forehead before falling asleep himself.