36. Seeing Blue, Too

Naruto's POV
Osaka, Japan
In front of Warner Studios
6:30 am

I want you to color me blue

Anything it takes to make you stay

Only seeing myself

When I'm looking up at you

¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

"S-sakura-chan?" I stutter hesitantly while rushing towards a blip of her voice echoing through the alleyways of Osaka. I feel tremendously dizzy and almost claustrophobic as I weave through tight corners and the narrow spaces between tall buildings. I've only just met Sakura at the Christmas party, but in this moment of panic, I somehow remember it clearly enough to know that it's her I'm hearing. Never have I been so happy to hear the voice of a distant acquaintance nearby while I worry over losing my father to the grips of a deadly gang.

Sasuke's trailing far behind me, in both guilt and fear of the unknown. Before now in the house, he had just revealed to me who the Akatsuki is, and what their intentions are with my dad. Not only that, but that Itachi, the man who forced his lips on me in front of both Sasuke and Kaka-san, is a big part of them. The idea that Sasuke kept all of this from me makes me sick to my stomach. If he would of told me ahead of time, maybe my dad would have never been in trouble. We could have informed the authorities or even government officials, and they would have treated the matter seriously because of his status. But now that there's no turning back, I can only fear that my life is going to crumble from this point on.

The hairs on my skin jump up after the sound of a gunshot deafens my ears. I pause in my tracks and hold my breath; cupping my hands over them in attempt to block out the blood curdling screams of  pedestrians that follow it. Around the corner of the building, businessmen and women come flooding out to escape the scene. But I'm too worried to even peek at it. Never in my life have I seen someone die, or even severely injured. This is definitely something that I can live without. I can't help but think though...what if it really is my father? Could the Akatsuki get him this soon before I even have the chance to act on it?

"Shit!" Sasuke shouted as he approached me, nearly crushing my hand as he pulls me back. "I'm not letting you go over there. I don't care what just happened. I'm contacting the Anbu and we're leaving now." He continues to whip out his phone with his other hand, and lets it start to ring.

"Let go of me, you ass!" I remark, attempting to release my wrist. "He's my dad! I don't care if you think you do, but you have no control over me! You can't keep me from saving him-" My rants continue on and on, but he doesn't let go, and he acts like he can't hear me. My only hope now is...

"Sakura-chan! It's Naruto! Please help, I'm over here!" I cry out, hoping that she's still nearby. "I've been looking for you, but I can't find you!"

I get a reaction out of Sasuke; his eyes widening and his grip on me loosening. "Haruno-san? Haruno Sakura? What does she have anything to do with this in the slightest? She's an annoyance and will only get in the way of things! How do you even know her in the first place?"

I remember Hinata telling me that Sasuke goes to the same public high school as Sakura, and that she has a major crush on him. It seems like Sakura's feelings for him are nowhere near reciprocated, but at the same time, he gets a bit flustered when I bring up her name. "I know Sakura-chan from the Christmas party we went to. She's close to Hinata, a mutual friend of ours. But I swear that I heard her
voice just a minute ago, and I remember that she lives in the same district where my dad works."

Sasuke turns to face his chest towards me and holds my hands together. Looking dead into my eyes, he opens his lips softly and says,"Listen, Naru. I need to tell you something about Haruno-san. Her family and mine are closely knit, and have been for decades. And because of that, since we were young, our parents have forced us into an arranged-"

Light footsteps interrupt the middle of his sentence, as a flash of pink enters my peripheral vision. Sasuke's and I both tuen our heads simultaneously to face the person stumbling towards us. "Naruto, it is you!" Sakura cries, as she brings the palm of her hands up to cover her mouth. Tears rush down into the corner of her lips and underneath her chin. "Minato-san—your dad—he's been stabbed!"

My jaw drops even though every other muscle in my body tenses. A cool rush falls over me, as well as a nauseated feeling. I turn to Sasuke, my hand shaking. "We're too late."

Sakura rushes over and kneels in front of me with her palms together on her nose like she's praying. "But please, Naruto, don't call the police. We need to hide Sasori quickly before the authorities arrive!"

"...Sasori-san?"