30. Damn Cold. + 3k Special

Naruto's (Hokage) POV
Red Cloud Café
10:30 am
Osaka, Japan

Use my reverse psychology

Even though you're already using

that poison on me.

🖤♟🖤♟🖤

"Look what the crow dragged in," a very feminine blond behind the counter murmurs as he dips his finger in the top of his coffee and stirs it around. He stares me dead in the eyes while sliding his finger into his mouth to lick the droplets of the coffee off his skin. How lewd for a café cashier...

Who am I to complain? At least we're in a small coffee shop and not in the back of a dead-end alley; something I'd truly expect from an urban Akatsuki. But why, out of all things, would they choose the textbook definition of a nation's economical backbone to cover up their gang activity? I suppose it's just something that wouldn't turn any heads.

"Let's not intimidate our guest of honor, Deidara," Itachi replies in a dense and commanding tone. At the longest table in the store, he pulls out a chair for me next to a bunch of very familiar faces. The very presence of Yahiko, Nagato, and Konan. In my universe, they're the ones responsible for Master Jiraiya's death. Seeing their face makes me angered, but I must not lose my composure. They aren't the same people who murdered him, after all.

But sitting with my dead enemies is a strange feeling.

We all sit in an ominous silence; staring at the sun that's blasting through the windows and observing the raindrops falling off the cafè's shingles from last night's rain. The sound of a simple bell knocks us all out of this trance, and the whole gang faces their attention towards the entrance of the store. A twenty-something year old male with blazing red hair and almond brown eyes rushes towards the familiar face at the counter. The man looks like a doll: and I immediately remember he goes by the name of Sasori.

Deidara raises his fist at the perfected person. "Hey! We need to finish the conversation we were having last night before your dumbass hung up on me!"

Sasori sighs and runs his skinny pale fingers through his hair. "I'm not the dumbass here. Art is something that must live on for years and years to come—even if it's died! Simply having art as a memory isn't nearly logical enough to—"

Two tall presences make themselves known in the café. "In the name of Jashin, shut the hell up about it already!" This man has platinum grey locks that's gelled back without flaw, and a large scythe with two blades hanging off his back. The immortal Hidan. Behind him follows those known as Kisame and Kakuzu; two more extremely powerful Akatsuki members.

All of the members gather themselves around the table; their eyes glued tightly to the members sitting in the center. I assume that they're the leaders of the Akatsuki, and also that Itachi also holds power in the gang as well.

Yahiko clears his throat to speak. "The results of our original plan was a failure. I ask for the members to take part in a vote for the assassination of Minato Namikaze. All members in favor, state your support."

I shift uncomfortably in my seat next to Itachi. I need to think of a plan to prevent this from happening...and fast. Maybe I can use reverse psychology and make them think this is what I want...