23. I don't know what I've done to deserve this blessing.💍

Start from the beginning

"We accept you for our son, he's told us how you're helping rekindle his faith and love for God, that's a good step. Girls like you are rare." Mother said smiling broadly at Ann and sipped her wine.

Aunt Bertha nodded her head, "I agree with you Ava, girls now take boys to the club unlike our days, where girls take delight in leading the love of their lives to church."

"Your girls are the real wife materials in all aspects, I've know Elisa for a long time to be certain and Ann too though for a short while." Father added to their discussion after keeping mute and listening to what the others were saying after he embarrassed us.

"That's because we try to imbibe in them good qualities and values that are worth emulating, we don't want them to disgrace us when they get married or anywhere they go."

"Africans don't joke with their cherished values." Mother said , "you're officially welcomed to our family Anniella! I'm looking forward to being called to help with the wedding gown and preparations."

"Uh thank you for accepting me, I'll try my possible best to love your son more than my life and provide him with all the support he needs." Anniella shot me an eye crinkling smile, showing how genuinely happy she is in being accepted by my parents.

I brought her hands to my lips, kissing her knuckles and her lips.She doesn't know the joy she's brought in my life just by being accepted by my parents. They in the previous years never approved of my dating choices, sometimes causing a rift between us. I was a fool then, I had conflicts with my parents over girls who in the end betrayed me, making me look like the idiot I was.

Elisa spoke loudly for everyone to hear "Lovey doveys please keep it censored." She's one crazy girl, I don't know what x rated stuff we're doing now when in fact, she and her boyfriend should have censored their 'stuffs' at Times Square, there were teens around but even those things were doing stuffs Ann and I can't do.

Anniella pinched El's thigh under the table causing El to yelp not loudly though. She gave her a mean face, laughing.
We, meaning Ann and I sat making conversations, tuning that of the others out. I wanted to whisk Ann away to my old room in the house, to have a just us moment with her. Kissing the breath out of her and cuddle with her, she'll soon be resuming school and I'll be very busy this new month. I need all the time I can get with her before then, I don't want to be a distraction in her education. I'm to love and support her be her best not her worst.

The way you look tonight by Maroon 5 came on, the elderly couples went on to the dance floor though it's a modern song. I guess if the song is good, it doesn't matter the age group.

I had asked the DJ to play Perfect for Ann and I. I sat waiting for it to come on, I have a surprise for Ann which I know she'll love. It's only Elisa who knows she even suggested I do it.

Ann rested her head on my shoulder and laced our fingers something we've gotten used to, tracing lines and shapes on my hand as we sat watching the elders have the dance of their lives. I'm kinda nervous, the song is about to End and Perfect will be on any minute, I've to leave from here. "Babe, I'll be right back." I told Ann gently unlacing our fingers and stood up.

"Okay boo." I pecked her, it waned my nervousness and left to the DJ's studio. As the last part of  the way you look tonight was playing, the DJ turned the light off, leaving only two bulbs on, there were 'ohs' from the crowd. Sorry guys! I mentally apologized to them.

DJ Spinal gave me a microphone and ushered me to the stage in the darkness, he put a spotlight on me. All eyes landing on me made me more nervous, I mentally motivated myself.