Chapter 8 (Episode 2 part 4)

Start from the beginning

"At least he's not using it for evil" I mumbled pulling out my phone that was buzzing in my pocket "hello?"

"I need you to come to my house" Derek said in a hurry "now" he then hung up, what could be so important that he would just do that.

"I gotta go talk to Derek, make sure mum doesn't grab out the doilies again" I walked out of the office and bolted down the stairs and put of the house, the things I'd learnt in the small mount of time that I'd known Derek was that he didn't like to be kept waiting especially when it was something important like this.

Running through the woods I jumped gracefully over fallen trees and over the small stream which marked the halfway point to Derek's house, pushing myself to go faster I dodged trees and made it to Derek's in less then ten minutes.

I walked up the steps and barged into the house not caring if I walked in to see him naked. "you called, I came. What's up?" I said into the empty foyer of the house.

"Your friends have been busy digging up my land" Derek's voice came from the top of the stairs.

"What did they do this time?"

"Just what I said they dug up the grave we did last night" he walked down the stairs with a slight swagger to him.

"Idjits"

"Yes well now they have the police involved" Derek muttered,stepping close to me he wrapped his arms around my waist and held me close as I heard sirens come closer to the house.

"I swear I'm going to get Scott neutered" we pulled away when the cops busted the door in.

"Derek Hale, Frey Parker. You are both under arrest with the suspicion of murder" one cops said as two more stepped forward and put hand cuffs on Derek and I "You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney during interrogation; if you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed to you. Do you understand these rights as I said them to you" (a/n i literally just quoted the Miranda rights off the top of my head, if i got them wrong please tell me as i don't live in america and have only seen this done on TV) the cop asked looking back and forth between Derek and i, we both nodded but other wise kept quiet.

The cops lead us out of the house and into one of the four cop cars that were parked in the clearing. They lead me to the drivers side of the closest car and Derek was taken to the passenger side.

I was pushed none to gently into the car and had the door slammed closed behind me, I looked over to Derek's side of the car and glared at Scott who stood by Stiles' crappy Jeep watching everything unfold. The door opened and Derek sat down once the door was closed I nodded over at Scott "i wonder where Idjits number 2 is" the passenger door then opened to reveal Stiles who was once again twitching.

Stiles had his while body turned towards Derek when he spoke "Okay, just so you know, I'm not afraid of you." Derek just glowered at him and i smirked as Stiles jumped a little bit "Okay, maybe I am. Doesn't matter. I just wanna know something. The girl you killed - she was a werewolf. She was a different kind, wasn't she? I mean, she could turn herself into an actual wolf, and I know Scott can't do that. Is that why you killed her?" He looked between the two of us and he twitched when we didn't speak.

Why are you so worried about me when it's your friend who's the problem? When he shifts on the field, what do you think they're gonna do. Just keep cheering him on? Frey and I can't stop him from playing, but you can." Derek leaned forward "And, trust me - you want to." As soon as the words left Derek's mouth Stiles' door was dropped open by the Sheriff who then pulled him out of the car by Stiles' shirt collar.

"There." The Sheriff said looking rather pissed at his son "Stand. What the hell do you think you're doing?" He looked at his son in disbelief as Stiles twitched some more and fixed up his rumped shirt.

"I'm just trying to help." He said with a squeak

The Sheriff glowered a little hard at his son "Okay, well, how 'bout you help me understand exactly how you came across this." He crossed his arms and waited patiently

"We were looking for Scott's inhaler."

"Which he dropped when?"

"The other night." Stiles said not realising what he was doing.

"The other night when you were out here looking for the first half of the body."

"Yes."

"The night that you told me you were alone and Scott was at home." The Sheriff said looking a little more pissed then he was before.

"Yes." Stiles looked at his dad with confidence but he reakised what he was saying... Finally "No. Oh, crap."

"Idiot" Derek and I muttered together making me smile.

The sheriff sighed "So you lied to me."

"That depends on how you define lying"

"Well, I define it as not telling the truth. How do you define it?"

Stiles thought for a second before he answered "Mm, reclining your body in a horizontal position" he showed what he meant with his hands making his dad sigh again and pinch the bridge of his nose.

"Get the hell out of here." He growled making Stiles jump and run off muttering an 'okay' as he left.

_______________________________________