Chapter 8 (Episode 2 part 4)

~ One day Earlier ~

"You know" I mumbled to Derek as we both stood in a foot deep hole next to his house "digging a grave as a first date isn't exactly a new idea, I mean I'm pretty sure serial killers do this all the time with their creepy girlfriends" I was a little out of breath i had to admit i mean I was in shape and all but digging was hard work even with a hot but very distracting guy next to me.

"Good thing I'm not a serial killer and your not creepy enough to be a serial killers girlfriend" he said throwing another scoop of dirt over his shoulder.

I stopped digging for a second and watched as he bent down slightly to shovel more dirt out of the hole the weight of the dirt and the shovel made his arm and back muscles tense "Seriously how are you not out of breath?" I asked pretending to wipe the sweat off my forehead with the back of my hand so he wouldn't notice that I was just staring at his ass.

"Because I work out everyday and don't sit around my bedroom watching videos on the internet and eating Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Brownie Ice cream with a bag of skittles" he stood up straight and looked at me with a smirk, he knew my everyday habits so what he works out to much anyway.

"Dude have you tasted their Ice Cream it's amazing" I lean against my shovel and put my left hand on my hip I'd seen him sneak a scoop or two of my ice cream.

"Of cause I have" he smiled at me and leant forward and kissed me on the lips making me forget what I was about to say "We need to keep going if we're going to be done by dinner" he smirked knowing that if we were late for dinner with my parents I'd be murdered brutally by my mother.

"You're right" I sighed in defeat and began to dig again this wasn't going to be fun.

~ Present Day ~

I leaned against the kitchen counter and watched as my mother ran around like a chicken with its head cut off.

"Mum he lives in a burnt down house I'm pretty sure he wont be expecting doilies" I groaned as she pushed past me, she was preparing lunch for the household and Derek of cause.

"I don't care I want this to be perfect" she said reaching into the top cabinet to my left.

"I'm not dating the guy mum I'm just helping him find the Alpha and helping make sure Scott doesn't expose us to humans and hunters" I watched as the last word I spoke sent a shiver down her spine.

"Well when we're done here he'll want to ask you out, and there will be no hesitation" she gripped the doilies and pulled them out of the cupboard.

"No doilies" I said snatching them out of her hand and throwing them back into the cupboard. Sighing she turned back to cooking muttering something about me not wanting to have a love life.

I walked out of the kitchen, up the stairs and into my fathers office. "control your women" I said sitting down in the comfy leather arm chair across the desk from my dad.

"Why did she grab out the doilies again?" he asked as he read the piece of paper in his hand.

"She somehow thinks every little awkward thing can be solved by the things, honestly I think she's lost her shit" I watched him as he shook his head and handed over the paper that he was reading. "what's this?" I didn't bother glancing at it.

"All the information I've collected about your friend Scott" he said concentrating on his computer screen.

"Wow so his life's not even worth two pages jeez he is boring" I muttered reading over the three paragraphs that were written.

"It seems that the Alpha chose him randomly, for what I've read and heard from you the kid was average in everything he did and now..." he shook his head.