"C'mon lovebirds! We're burning daylight." Mike laughed.

~ \/ \/ ~

"Is there a reason why you guys had to take me to an abandon warehouse?" I questioned.

I glanced around at the dirty building, some windows were smashed out or boarded up. Surprisingly there were lights in the place, but somehow the warehouse was still dark. As we walked into the center of the open space, a table with stakes and needle-less syringes sat next to a punching bag that was badly dented and taped up. Laid out on the ground was a wore-out mat.

"The apartment is too small to fight in. This is where we go to fight and practice." Colby explained.

Mike flexed his muscles, flashing his fangs at me. "How you think we got this ripped?"

I rolled my eyes. "Right."

Colby grabbed a stake from the table and tossed it to me. "I want you to square off against Mike. He's extremely good at fighting, very similar to Cyrus."

"And... you're just gonna stand there?" I sassed.

"I'm gonna coach you. Watch what you're doing and tell you what you can do better at." Colby stated.

"Alright." I took a deep breath and walked towards Mike, gripping the stake in my hand. I raised my hands up, staring Mike down.

Mike chuckled. "Come on Jade."

He began to run at vampire speed, appearing at one random spot of the warehouse and moving to the next, slowly getting closer to me. Finally, he stopped back in front of me, smirking.

"Let's go."

For the next hour, Mike and I fought on and off. I would throw as many punches and kicks as I could, but Mike always had the upper hand. Being as fast as he was, it was easy for him to see my next move before even I could. I was getting more and more pissed off, I could feel my heart banging in my eardrums.

I think to some degree this was my advantage.

Mike originally was very playful in how he was fighting, seeing me as an easy target, but as we kept fighting, I could tell something was starting to get off with him. I wasn't sure what it was, but his eyes were dark. Intense.

He looked lost in thought for a moment, and this was my chance to take him.

I elbowed him in the ribcage as he wrapped his arms around my body from behind. I took my foot and put it behind his ankle, pulling him over my shoulder and flipping him onto the ground. With the stake shoved up against his chest, I stared down at him angrily.

"There!" Colby exclaimed. "You got it!"

I turned my head to Colby smiling. I exhaled deeply as I tried to catch my breath, my stance still over Mike. As I glanced back down at him, he yanked the stake out of my hand abruptly, shoving it forward into my side.

I shouted out in pain, covering my side. I fell to the ground as Mike jolted up.

"What the fuck Mike?! What was that for?" Colby hollered.

Mike shrugged. "She needs to learn to keep her eyes on who she's fighting."

"You didn't need to... hurt.. her." Colby trailed off, his voice falling to a whisper.

I stared up at the both of them, their bodies turning towards me. Mike's face changed suddenly. His eyes became crimson in color, veins slowly pulsing down from under them. His fangs extended, his mouth watering. Colby gulped, his eyes slowly doing the same.

I looked at my hand that was clutching my side, blood covering it. The slice from the stake had become a large gash, blood soaking my shirt without me even realizing it.

Mike took one step towards me. Colby grabbed his arm. "Don't."

"What do you mean 'don't'? Aren't you curious?" Mike hissed.

"About what Mike?" Colby glared at my wound, unable to move himself.

Mike retorted. "Why she smells so much better than any other human? Why her blood made Caleb stronger that night? Don't you wanna try some? Don't you wanna know?"

Colby shook his head. "No, Mike. We're better than that."

"Yeah but I'm really hungry. And so are you." Mike grunted.

"Please don't." I whimpered, trying to back away.

"Why don't we do it? Together?" Mike grabbed Colby by the shoulders. "We don't have to drain her dry, we can leave her alive and just keep getting stronger and stronger whenever we want. Come on, Colby. I know you crave her."

Mike whipped around towards me again, smirking as he sauntered over.

"No Mike please! Stop!" I pled.

Colby jumped in front of Mike, his voice a demonic growl. "Snap out of it!"

He swung at Mike, fist landing into his jaw and launching Mike half way across the warehouse. Mike's body slammed onto the ground, the noise echoing off the walls. Mike jumped up, staring Colby down.

"Leave. Get something to eat from someone willing." Colby demanded, guarding me.

Mike glanced at me for a moment and then disappeared.

I breathed heavy for a moment, unable to calm myself.

Colby suddenly moved, walking over to the table and grabbing a first aid kit. His eyes landed on mine. His face was normal again, no signs of hunger anywhere.

"Do you want me to patch you up or do you think you can do it?" He asked quietly.

"I-I can do it." I stuttered.

He nodded his head. He stepped towards me again and lightly placed the kit on the ground.

"I'll wait outside for you." Colby motioned.

"Okay." I mumbled.

A silence fell over as neither one of us moved. I exhaled and grabbed the kit as he began to walk away. As I opened it, he spoke again.

"I'm sorry. I wouldn't... have hurt you." He admitted.

I gazed up towards him, my breath suddenly gone. Then in a flash, so was he.

~~~

hey guys

sorry it's taken me forever to update. I really haven't had any motivation to write but now I do so hopefully I can write a bunch and get some more chapters out. no promises tho lol

that being said, I would really appreciate it if you guys went and read my other story "Give Your Heart a Break". it's about Colby and a friends with benefit relationship. I think you might like it if you like my writing.

let me know what you think of this chapter!

see yall later :)

- Angelica