chapter twenty-one

When I woke up in the morning after leaving work early, I was exhausted. My anger from last night was still very prominent. I knew I couldn't go back in today. The idea of seeing that bar, or Roger, or Ronnie... I could feel my blood boiling.

I needed a night off. I needed a night to just have fun. Go crazy, relax. Pretend that danger didn't exist around every corner.

"I want to party tonight." I stated abruptly, walking into the apartment, and shoving my bag down.

Tara gazed up at me, her eyes widening. "What?"

"I want to party tonight. Like, here, at the Trapp Haus." I repeated.

Kat sat up quickly, her mouth dropping. "Really? Oh my God."

I furrowed my brows at them jokingly, "What's that reaction for?"

"We're just surprised. You don't exactly scream 'partying type'." Tara admitted.

"Well, tonight I am." I scanned the rest of the apartment, "Kevin?"

He called from the kitchen, "Yeah? What's up, Jade?"

"Have you had your second human night already?" I asked, stepping towards him.

"No, it's next week. Why?" He answered.

I batted my eyelashes overdramatically, "Can you please make it tonight?"

"Jade wants to go crazy." Kat chimed in from the couch.

He rolled his eyes but smiled, slowly walking towards the apartment door. "...Give me five minutes, I'll tell my connections to tell everyone."

"Thanks Kevin!" I yelled, watching him walk down the stairs.

"Now, what do you plan to wear?" Tara questioned, strutting up to me.

I huffed. "...Shit. I haven't really ever bought club clothes before."

"No need to worry, I have a dress that I think will look perfect on you." Tara requested over her shoulder, "Kat, can you do her makeup?"

Kat nodded. "Of course."

I puzzled. "Makeup?"

"Just a little. You're gonna look so hot, Colby's gonna have to kill all the guys in the club." Tara joked.

Kat hummed, getting off the couch and grabbing my hand. "And he probably will anyway."

~\/\/~

"Jade, are you ready?" Tara shouted from outside the bathroom.

"Yeah, give me a minute." I responded.

After hours of saying I wanted to party, the time had finally come. Kevin was nice enough to give everyone the night off, including Colby. He bumped up security so that they didn't need to be on high alert. So, everyone was ready to party. And I was too.

I think.

I cocked my head from side to side, staring at myself in the mirror. I looked nice, I guess. The red dress Tara had given me surprisingly fit. It was just a bit short. But I weirdly didn't mind it. I needed this dress tonight. I needed to let loose and have fun. That was the whole point of this night.

I just need to take a couple shots and I'd be golden.

I finally stepped out of the bathroom, glancing around the apartment. Tara and Kat picked their heads up, looking at me. Their eyes widened, their smiles bright. "Holy shit, Jade! You look gorgeous!"