ABY - I

'One house. Two houses. Three houses. Four houses. Five houses,' Elizabeth counted all the way to 53 before the bus pulled to a stop.

Swiftly jumping off the bus, she walked into the school.

After spending five minutes trying to find the office, she decided to ask someone for help.

She searched around and decided on asking a girl. Walking up to her, Elizabeth noticed her short stature. The girl had shoulder length hair and beautiful golden eyes. Her childlike face held a smile and she laughed at something a tall, pale haired boy said. She wore a dark blue button up shirt, tucked into some white shorts, slip on yellow checkered Vans, and a brown leather watch on her left wrist.

The boy she was talking to had spiky hair, almost as if it could cut you. He was super tall, taller than most boys their age, and he looked shady.

"U-Umm, sorry for interrupting, but do you know where the front office is?" Elizabeth asked, slightly nervous.

Okay.

That was a lie.

She was extremely nervous.

"Sure," The blonde girl chirped. She grabbed Elizabeth's arm and pulled her along, "Talk to you later Ban!"

Elizabeth giggled at her upbeat attitude. It made Elizabeth feel slightly better.

"The front office is just around this corner," She pulled Elizabeth and turned. They arrived at a pair of glass doors. The girl pushed them open and walked in, "My name's Elaine Amachi. What's yours?" She turned to Elizabeth expectantly.

"Elizabeth Liones," Elizabeth said, full of fake confidence.

"Nice to meet you," Elaine said. They continued on to the office doors, where a receptionist would greet them.

"Do you need something?" The secretary asked.

"Just my schedule Miss.." Elizabeth trailed off, not knowing her name.

"Anderson. And it's Mrs." Mrs. Anderson said.

"Really?" Elaine blurted. In her three years of being here, she didn't know her name.

"Is that so hard to believe?" Mrs. Anderson asked. And I mean... Kinda. She was middle-aged, late 30s to early 40s. She had a mole on the side her nose and her nose was upturned, her cheekbones sagged and she had cat-like eyes.

"No, not at all. You seem lovely Mrs. Anderson," The lie felt sour on Elizabeth's tongue.

"Thank Miss Liones," She clicked on her computer, a box computer.

She clicked a button. "I will be back, wait here patiently," Mrs. Anderson said rudely.

"What grade are you in?" Elizabeth asked Elaine.

"I'm supposed to be in tenth, but I got all advanced classes so they deemed it appropriate to put me in with the eleventh graders. What about you?" Elaine blushed slightly, not wanting to seem snobby about her accomplishments, but she was pretty proud of them.

"Eleventh. I only have two AP classes. English and Math," Elizabeth replied, fiddling with the end of her hair.

They heard the click-clack of shoes and saw Mrs. Anderson walk in, holding a piece of paper.

"Here is your schedule. The AP math class was too full, so they lumped you in with the twelfth graders," Mrs. Anderson handed Elizabeth her paper and sat back down.

"Thanks you Mrs. Anderson," Elizabeth thanked her and her and Elaine walked out.

As they walked they heard a girlish squeal and a high-pitched whisper say, "She thinks I'm lovely." It was Mrs. Anderson. Elizabeth smiled slightly at the thought of making her day.

"So what's your first class?" Elaine asked. Elizabeth held up her paper and read it.

"Science," Elizabeth internally groaned. She hated science.

"Which teacher?"

"Mr. Gonah."

"If it helps, I have him too. I can introduce you to my friend Diane," Elaine pulled Elizabeth's arm again. "She's really giddy and a happy person. You'll love her!" Elaine complimented Diane.

"She sounds great!" Elizabeth followed her, brightening up at the thought of new friends.

They walked through the hallways, turning every so often, and made it to room 176.

"Here we are." Elaine checked her watch, "With five minutes to spare." She looked at Elizabeth, "Ready?"

Elizabeth nodded, her anxiety building up.

Elaine opened the door and walked in, Elizabeth following soon after.

A girl with beautiful purple eyes, brown hair in pigtails, and a big smile on her face, sat in the front row, two seats vacant beside her. She wore a pink and purple white washed crop hoodie, that ended just a bit above the hem of her black jeggings. She wore lace up leather brown boots, which ended just below her knees.

She waved at Elaine and stared at Elizabeth. Elaine walked toward her, still dragging Elizabeth, and sat by her. Elizabeth stood awkwardly by the table, rubbing her arm.

"What's your name?" The brown haired girl asked.

"Elizabeth Liones. You?"

"Diane Hastings." (I..I had to) "Aren't you going to sit down?"

"Oh," Elizabeth shook her head, "Yes. Thank you," Elizabeth smiled.

"Alright class. Sit down and shut up," A man with black and gray/white hair said. He had a slight stubble and was sporting a mustache, that rested below his nose and above his mouth. "Today we are learning about..."

The man kept talking, not acknowledging Elizabeth's presence. Until the middle of the lesson.

"Right. We have a new student today," He pointed to Elizabeth, "Come introduce yourself."

Elizabeth stood up, bubbling with nerves.

She stood by the teacher and looked back at everyone.

"State your name, first and last, and one fact about yourself." He said gruffly.

"My names Elizabeth Liones and I..." Elizabeth thought of what to say, "I like parks?" It came out like a question, but it's all she could come up with on the spot.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Mr. Gonah. Sit back down," Elizabeth stiffly walked back to her seat.

Her face was burning and her hands were shaking.

"Parks? Really?" Elaine asked.

"Its all I could come up with," Elizabeth said, staring at her lap.

"Works for me," Diane said, "Are you okay, Elizabeth?"

"Ya.. I just have stage fright," Elizabeth shakily smiled at her.

"Now then, continuing on with what I just said..."

***
See? Isn't this so much better then my first first chapter? I think so at least

EDITED