chapter 9: mistakes

warning/s: EW LANGUAGE but i have to! also angst!

////

The following day, you found yourself in front of a mirror, getting ready for the practice, or whatever Adrien had told you. You weren't into make-up that hard, but it wouldn't hurt to try and make yourself less hideous. You looked at your face almost caked in powder because of your lack of experience. 

Your lips slowly turned into a smile. A wide, but forced smile. You tried in a different angle and hoped it would look cute. You tried a smirk. Nothing worked. A frown replaced your fake grin and into an ugly pout. You are hopeless. 

Cutting your train of thought was a ping from your cell. 

Adrien:

i'm here :)

Your eyes widened and looked outside your window from your 2-story building. You quickly ran and stood on your balcony. Looking down, you saw his limo and he himself standing there. You took one last look at the mirror and frantically fixed your hair positioned in a ponytail. (if your hair is not long enough then you could do whatever you want with it)

The moment you sprinted outside, Adrien immediately greeted you with a smile and opened the car door for you. You gave him a grateful smile and got inside, him following after you. The driver, which he deemed as 'Gorilla', began to drove to school. 

The atmosphere was quiet after that.

You were watching the outside from your window. In your peripheral vision, you could see Adrien stealing a glance at your direction. You figured he wants to say something but he couldn't. 

"Did you do your make-up?" 

"Huh?" 

You heard him loud and clear, you just didn't know what to say on the spot after he basically exposed you that you were wearing make-up.

"Did you do your make-up?"

You looked away from him and subtly wiped the blush on your cheeks and the slight gloss on your lips. "Uh, a bit. Is it too much?"

"Looks natural." Adrien gave you a sheepish smile and you smiled back, not handling the emotions inside you. All of a sudden, inside of the peaceful car, a loud beeping resounded. 

You froze and saw his smile turn into a confused expression. "What's that sound?"

"Uhm," you cut in and fetched your phone inside of your pocket. "It's my phone alarm. Guess you were too early haha."

He nodded and looked away for a bit, taking in the houses before your school building. The moment he's not looking at you anymore, you internally sighed in relief, but soon, you felt hurt because you just couldn't tell him the truth. 

////

"Go home immediately, or you're going to catch the rain!" Marinette announced to the rest of the children as they stepped down the stands. She took a deep, relaxing breath and picked up the water bottle on the ground, opening it and taking a sip. 

"Miss Mari," someone approaches. 

She looked at one of the students in the stand and the bag in their hands. "What is it?"

"I am just the person who will give this to you. Contents inside this bag are not related to me."

A certain redheaded teen slowly looked up from his work or painting the prop for the race tomorrow. He watched as Marinette pulled up one of his notebooks inside the bag he had prepared. He saw her eyes searching for someone, maybe him. Still, he didn't cling onto that hope. He turned around and instead focused on painting the prop.