chapter 2: the notebook

warning/s: cringy writing. i cringed writing this one particular scene. also,, minor language?

///

Someone opened the door of the faculty's office. She smiled at Ms. Mendeleeiv but the teacher didn't care. Instead she just gave her the notebooks. "Here, distribute their homeworks. I've already graded them."

She nodded and proceeded to walk back to her classroom.

///

"Okay, you are all dismissed. Now, go back to your classrooms!" Mr. Damocles announced. Everyone wore their bags and scattered. They wanted to escape this particular place.

Meanwhile, Nathaniel ran the halls like that one superhero. He went up the stairs, skipping some steps just to get to the office.

He pushed the door with an immense force. He immediately went to look for his green sketch notebook, but no color was present.

Mendeleeiv looked at the student in front of her, frantically arranging the notebooks. She rolled her eyes. So much for ruining her morning.

"What are you fooling around for?"

Nathaniel faced her, fear in his eyes. "Miss, have you seen my green notebook?"

"Well if there aren't any green notebooks there then someone must have already taken them."

His eyes widened more, if it was possible. He wasted no time as he fled out of the room.

The person who retrieved the notebooks, however, was in her room, returning said notebooks to their owners. After returning one after another, she came across something interesting. This particular green notebook has no name, and has the number 24 written on the cover.

/

He was running out of breath. Why are there so many stairs?

/

She looked around her, no one seemed to be looking for it at the moment. Curiosity got the best of her as she flipped open the middle pages. She saw a nice, detailed drawing of a girl she's familiar with. She'd seen her. To confirm her suspicions, 'Marinette' was written besides her face.

Interrupting her thoughts was the bluebell-eyed girl's own laugh, mixing with her best friend's as she heard about her gossip.

The girl holding the notebook tapped Marinette's shoulders. Without saying anything, she gave her the small book.

/

Another set of stairs! Why does his room have to be on the fifth floor! Curse his body for not being athletic. But he didn't give up. His reputation is on the line!

/

Alya, being a nosy friend, gathered her other friends to read the notebook Marinette was holding in her hands. They watched her scan through hundreds of sketches, but one exact comic caught her eye.

Marinette ran past the dark, empty hallways. She was breathing heavily. She tried to outrun the monster chasing her but she was slowly getting tired, she didn't think she could do this anymore.

Her last resort was to call for help, which she thought it was hopeless since nobody in their right mind (except Marinette) would still be in school at this hour.

But she did anyway. She was running out of time. "Help! Somebody help me!"

/

He glides through a hall full of students. He tripped but he didn't fell, luckily. It would just waste him a lot of time.