chapter 8: connections and progression

warning/s: LANGUAGE! as usual. btwww this is a short chapter but don't worry, the next chapter will be interesting and full of... 

///

You admired the pictures plastered on the bulletin board in front of you. All of them looked amazing with the smiles on their faces. You were busily skimming through the photos until you stopped on one certain polaroid. You grimaced when the picture was you running across the finish line with your wild hair, and your signature bloody nose. Looking to the left then right, you hastily took the pins holding the paper off of the board. 

After hiding the photo in your pocket, another certain photo caught your eye. It was Adrien with his captivating smile and his wonderful posture. Seeing this picture was such a blessing that your heart may or may not jumped out of your chest. Sneakily glancing on either side of you, you took your chance and began to unpin the picture. 

"Y/N?"

You jumped, and your heartbeat escalated greatly to 102, 103. You quickly placed your hand over the loosened tacks and pressed it hard. You patted it and gave him a somewhat reassuring smile. "I'm just... fixing the pins..." 

Adrien chuckled shortly, before giving you an awkward smile. "...Do you have plans this weekend?"

"Huh?" Your eyes widened at his inquiry.

He only gave you a soft laugh in response as he scratched the side of his head. "Um, because..."

////

Nathaniel was in his own little bubble (specifically his desk) when all of a sudden, the phone in his pocket vibrated. He fished it out and read the contact. Your name was written on it. He could faintly remember when the two of you switched numbers after he had dinner with your family and he smiled slightly at the memory. Nathaniel shook his head and didn't waste time to answer it. 

"Hello?" He said. His eyebrows furrowed for a split second then broke into a look of shock, "What?!" 

Upon hearing your words , he disregarded his things and left the classroom, heading for the locker room you told him to go to. He stopped in his tracks, and stood by the entrance when he saw you sulking in front of lockers. He tooks steps towards you. "Y/N..." He called carefully. 

At the sound of his voice, you turned to him slowly. You opened your mouth then closed it, as if you were struggling to use your voice. "A... A-drien asked me out this weekend..." You said it so calmly. 

Nathaniel looked at you, bewildered. But instead of commenting, he waited. 

Not long after, you panicked. "Just the two of us!"

Matched with your girly screams were the constant beeping of your watch. You smacked the lockers in front of you repeatedly, unable to control your high emotions. You were unaware of the sparks flying out of your palms as you continued to slap and beat the crap out of those poor metal lockers. 

He looked at the fangirling mess (that is you) in both amusement and nervousness. "Adrien's balls are toast."   

You stopped and only noticed your lit up hands against the lockers and leaned back. You looked back at Nathanael with the same expression "Shit."

The next day (before weekend), the red-haired boy had come over and wanted to help you with your 'situation'. It just so happened that your dad had requested for you to charge the batteries again, so here you are, running on the treadmill, with wires sticked to a brace and attached to your arm. 

"If he makes you excited, problems could arise," Nathaniel began. "But this time, you can touch him with this clothed glove. It's an insulator, so... you can touch whoever, whatever, whenever."