prologue

In this world, there isn't equality. Everything has its own capacity. Some are high, some are low. There are standards.

In this school, things are the same. Students each have their own levels of capacities.

There was a basketball game going on at the moment. The ball is passed on every teammate. Screams filled the court as the home team made the shot.

Starting from the last number, is number 6. Those are people who have nothing special.

Students sat on the bleachers, chanting as cheerful as they liked, but they were getting tired. They were clapping and shouting for the past 10 minutes.

Number 5, are the mischievous ones. They bully people for fun.

Ivan was with Marc. He opted to place a small crumpled paper into his straw, spitting it out towards another student. Probably someone in a grade lower than him. The spitball hit him in the head.

Number 4 are the nerds.

Max was seen tinkering with the scoreboard. He stated that it was malfunctioning so he volunteered to fix it.

One of the teachers approached him. "Max, are you done, dear? The quarter is close to its end..."

The boy with the glasses turned to them. "Well, the reason the scores aren't working is because the transistor can't switch the electric signal, so in order for me to fix it, I have to-"

The teacher just lost him there.

They like to speak in their own language. Nobody can understand them.

Number 3. The athletic group.

One attempted to shoot the ball, lay-up style.

They have monster strength.

But as he jumped and push up the ball, the opponent slammed it away and it dented the wall, kind of almost destroying it.

Number 2. The "beauty" group

Chloe and Ellie (my oc) walked out with their flashiest clothes, eyes closed and their hands on their hips. Sabrina trailed from behind them.

Each member has a lot of Instantgram followers. I only think Sabrina has a lot because all she posts is about her best friend, Chloe Bourgeios.

As they walked, it seemed as if they're blowing everyone away with their supreme beauty. One guy with a camera had his mouth open and frantically prepared to capture a photo.

Number 1. They have their own group. They're unique but they're famous. You just tell the name, and everyone knows them.

"Lila? Oh I heard she hangs out with the Prince. They go to this special vacation every year. I'm so jealous of her!"

"Lila Rossi is so wonderful, I want to be like her!"

"Ugh, Lila? I hate her. She's a lying twerp!"

But the one who always stays at the top is-

Girl's screams resounded as someone just stood up from their bench. It means that he is about to subtitute with someone else.

They flinged their arms, trying to reach him. They shouted his name.

Adrien Agreste.

He turned around, facing the bleachers and flashed his most amazing smile, making his fangirls hyperventilate.

The school's hearththrob. The most handsome. The most skilled. The most outstanding student. He fences, plays ball games, plays video games. I really don't like him. Because whenever he comes into the room-

"AAAAH!"

"Adrien, over here!"

"Notice me, Adrien-senpai!"

"I love you!"

They would scream all the time, interrupting my peace and quiet. I just wanted to dwell here in my drawing bubble in peace, okay?

Adrien proceeded to subtitute with Wayhem and the game continued. Girls were oogling him wearing shorts that shows his shiny legs. One girl couldn't breathe and is close to fainting if it weren't for her classmates giving her air.

But the ones who don't own a special skill have no place in this school...

Adrien attempted to pass the ball to someone far away, but it was thrown too hard, making it difficult to catch it. The ball would soon land on someone too focused on drawing on their sketchbook.

...are groups like us.

The ball hit him directly. He winced as the pain spread all over his body. Everyone saw what happened.

Damn it.

end of prologue

////

bold and italic - nathaniel's monologuing
normal - the story
italic - nath's comic shenanigans
italic and underlined - author's note

thank you all for reading 'electrify my heart''s prologue!!! hoping for me to update it once every two weeks.

anywayyy, the cover is made by my bestieee seinquant , i love herrrr.

sayonara~!

KimmiePines