chapter 6: posing and drawing

i hope u enjoy! arts r mine,,

warning/s: none? maybe language idk. um also, i don't know how to write emotions anymore so beware of the cringe !

////

"Nath, are you done? I'm getting tired."

Nathaniel spared Aiko a glance before going back to the paper again. His fingers guided his pencil in sketching his best friend's pose. The silence was awkward until he said, "Just stay put."

You were just walking in the hallways when you heard Nathaniel's voice. You followed it and it lead you to his classroom. You stopped at the entrance when you saw a girl posing; her hands spreading her skirt and she pushed her legs together in a seemingly formal way. You then saw the other person in the room, doing his best to finish the sketch on time.

Aiko, just taking notice of a stranger in the room, turned to you. "Oh, hey. You wanna come and help Nathaniel, right?" She didn't waste no time and picked up her backpack filled with scratch and sniff stickers. "Bye, Nathaniel!" Aiko sprinted off, greeting you on the way out.

"H-hey! Wait, Ai! I'm not even halfway finished, come on."

You slowly walked towards his desk. You took a glance at it and it nearly took your breath away. His sketches looked amazing, looking like the Aiko she just met. "Is this for the students so they could attend Marinette's stand?" You referred to the stack of sketchbooks piled in front of him. 

He didn't look at you. "This is for Marinette's sake!" He said with so much passion and determination. He kept on dragging across the paper, making thin and thick lines. 

You only looked at him weirdly. "Maybe you should go home and rest. It's getting late." You didn't want to tell him that you're concerned though. 

"Later. I'm almost done," he said it almost frantically. He carelessly shaded over the paper. 

"Ugh. Come on, you can finish that later anyways." You urged him to go home, slightly getting frustrated at his stubborn behavior. 

Nathaniel kept silent but he was still drawing. You almost wanted to electrocute him and maybe dragged him to his house while he's unconscious until the two of you heard a booming voice from the hallway. 

"Students, you should go home and rest. It is already late."

You and Nathaniel saw that it was Mr. Damocles standing at the door, his demeanor slightly scary yet tired. You gave Nathaniel a look that says, I told you so. He only rolled his eyes and began packing the sketchbooks. Finally the both of you made your exits, after saying goodbye to the principal.

The walk towards the gate of the school was quiet until he faced you with a hopeful look. "Can you please come to my place and be my model?" You gave him a blank look and remained unmoved. 

/////

He turned on the switch to his own room and he invited you to step inside. With sock-clad feet, you walked around. "Nice room," you said, inspecting the wall covered with drawings. It had it all; from the anatomy practices to comic strips and chibi styled drawings. He was clearly passionate about his thing.

"You w-want anything?"

You shook your head meekly. He nodded in response but still exited the room. Your gaze moved to the other side of the wall where it had nothing but a colored picture of the girl with blue pigtails sitting by a sunset and below that picture were notebooks leaning against each other. You picked a random one; the yellow binder, and began reading it.