Luke chuckled and looked over to his mother who was rolling her eyes as she continued to wipe down her glass dining table. "Luke, it's only if you want to," she said.
"I'll think about it," Luke said.

The thought of Rebecca marrying someone else didn't come up often in Luke's mind but it definitely came up. He imagined seeing her with the engagement ring down the street and bumping into her. He imagined her getting flustered and blushing when he gave her a smile because deep down in her heart, she still wanted to be with him despite his various imperfections. Luke imagined Rebecca throwing her diamong ring away and running into his arms, telling him over and over again that she loved him and wanted to be with him. But those were just thoughts, they weren't going to come true and now, Luke knew that.

"Maybe for their gift you can just give them some concert tickets," Luke's mother laughed. Luke rolled his eyes.
"No, that's lousy," he said.
"Maybe they like your band Luke, that's all I'm saying."
"Well maybe they just want to fill in some extra space."

He sighed. It had only been an hour since Luke came into his parents home and he was already tired. This was unlike him, most of the time he was energetic in the mornings, just not waking up. There were a lot of things in his mind like what did Rebecca look like now or was she still the same inside. Luke wasn't friends with her on Facebook because he had to deactivate his account due to so many fans wanting to hack into it, become friends with him or ask him to confirm their marriage. He didn't really want to google her name anyway because that was stalker-ish and weird. However, Luke did follow Rebecca's Instagram and saw a few things like her golden retriever named Honey and got a daily dose of her new pair of heels. Rebecca didn't really post a photo of her and Noah or her face even. She was always self-conscious; Luke knew that was something that didn't change.

"Why don't you guys come over for dinner? I'm pretty sure Indie wouldn't mind cooking for two more," Luke said. He added a text to Indiana, his best friend and housemate on his mental to-do list.
"You sure?" Andrew asked.
"Yeah, she's got this new obsession for roo meat, you guys like that don't you?"
"Love it."

Luke smiled. "It's settled then."

Just past midday, Luke was heading into the city to pick Indiana up from her job. She was an editor at a music magazine that loved her homemade article about the upcoming band 5 Seconds of Summer two years ago. From there, K Magazine wanted her. Luke was so proud of her and was happy that his band helped her get the job she wanted. Indiana was his best friend after all, he would do anything to make sure she had what she wanted.

Indiana and Luke lived together since she moved in after 5 Seconds of Summer's first world tour. That's when all of the boys in the band had decided to live in the same neighbourhood. Luke and Indie lived in the heart of the street, Michael just across from them in a duplex shared with Calum and Ashton was at the end of the street as he didn't want to always see them. The boys often teased Ashton of being a clausterphobic or as Michael would say a 'band-mate-er-phobic.' Ashton just saw it as privacy that was obviously lacking for him.

After a few minutes of waiting for Indiana in the front of the big grey building that she worked at, Luke's passenger door opened and Indiana hopped in. That was when Luke started his car and they drove off to Cole's which was just a few blocks down for dinner.
"My parents are coming over for dinner," Luke said.
"Oh that's perfect. I've been meaning to try out this kangaroo curry recipe I found online," Indiana said.

Luke quickly parked his car in the underground car park of Cole's and walked to get a trolley before walking back to Indiana as they entered the air-conditioned supermarket.
"What do you need?" Luke asked.
"Turmeric, oh and coriander, curry powder. I'm going to make some pav for the weekend, so I'll need some stuff for that too," Indie said.
"Okay, I'll meet you in the baking section in a few."