Chapter 3 - Not everything is as it seems

~ Mr. Wayne's POV~

When Alfred told me that he didn't recognize the language Mr.Work had come here speaking I questioned him, "Are you sure he wasn't just switching between French and Spanish?  He does seem to be fluent in both."  I asked taking out a copy of the certificates that declared Daniel fluent in both Spanish and French that had arrived earlier that night.

"I'm sure.  It sounded like nothing I'd ever heard."

"Do you have a recording of it?"  I asked Alfred, curious what language it was.

When Alfred nodded I allowed a tiny smirk to reach my face before asking Alfred to play it for me.  What I heard sounded haunting, the voice was all echoy and I couldn't make heads or tails of the sounds.  

"Did you alter the sounds?"  I asked skeptically.

"No, but it didn't sound nearly as... haunting as it did in person, but it does sound like the base part is the same."

"I guess that we'll have to ask him what language he is speaking here, tomorrow morning."

"I shall make sure to ask him tomorrow morning."

"Why not ask him now?  It is only 10pm."

"Daniel usually goes to sleep right after dinner, which we ate about an hour ago.  I could go check if you would like."

"Do that please."

"On it."  I replied leaving the office.

~ Danny's POV (the clone in bed, the real Danny is busy in the workout room lifting weights and stuff)~

When I heard the door open, I thought nothing of it and continued to relax on the bed, my orders had been to act asleep and stay asleep all through the night until I was told otherwise by true Danny.

"Daniel, are you awake?"

I heard a voice, probably Alfred based on what I know from true Danny, ask me.  I didn't study though, I'm supposed to be asleep and asleep people aren't awake to hear their surroundings.

"Daniel?"

I ignored the voice trying to enjoy the coolness of the sheets (my main body does have an ice core after all)  It was then that I heard him approach me.

"We've decided to serve ice cream for desert if you want some."  

Knowing that the true Danny loves ice cream, I decided that he would definitely get up for the ice cream, definitely and not because I was curious to see what it tasted like. "What is it?" I asked cloaking my voice in drowsiness.  

"Ice cream is being served in the kitchen, if you would like some I suggest to get to it as Dick could end up eating the whole gallon of ice cream himself."

Getting up I made a show doing exactly what I expected Danny to do in this situation stretch rather thoroughly before trudging slowly after Alfred who led me to the kitchen.  True to his word Dick was already about halfway through the gallon of ice cream and had practically finished off all of the toppings that were out.  What I didn't expect to see was Mr. Wayne standing in the corner of the room eating an apple, realizing that things could go south at any moment I sent a mental flare to true Danny letting him know that he might need to join me soon.  At is return flare I could tell that he would join in just a few moments (probably putting away all the equipment that he was using)

"Glad to see you could make it."  Mr. Wayne said looking at me.

I nodded and continued serving myself a bowl of ice cream.