41 - Sure is Hard to See Tonight

[Chapter cover created on CocoPPAPlay!]

Author's note: For all chapters, Chrome's surname has been changed from 'Dokuro' to 'Rokudo' like Anastasia and Mukuro since she's adopted into the family.

******

[Omen from Dai Gyakuten Saiban - Something Ill in the Air]

[Created on Picrew: https://picrew.me/image_maker/3011]

In Italy...

"Tch, thank goodness..." Edigio let out a sigh after narrowly escaping from a group of grunts who had been chasing after him. His grip tightening on his poleaxe, his blue eyes wandered around in search of anyone planning to ambush him.

Smoke was billowing out from the pillars of the castle which was once known to be the property of the Vongola Famiglia. Loud screams echoed across the hallways and up into the sky as the civil war continued within the walls. Hearing the noises beginning to approach his way, the blond-haired man made his way down the hallway. Edigio had been travelling with Iemitsu to find the Ninth, but they were separated when a hoard of members chased them down.

"Iemitsu, you better be safe..."

It was at that moment when he passed by a large metal door, causing him to pause. Curious, he scanned his card and entered the room, only to be stunned by what he was seeing.

"Wh-what is this...?"

Shutting the door behind him to lower the chances of anyone looking into the room, Edigio glanced over the room that looked like a robotic military base. Putting on his goggles, he grabbed a notebook that was sitting on a trolley of tools and opened it to read it.

"Weapons of the old military...? The Vongola really had research from the Italian military after the world war like that here... Did they really buy this from the black market?" His fingers traced over the gigantic robot design as a bead of sweat rolled down his forehead. Placing the book back down on the trolley, he observed the surroundings and frowned. "This places seems to have been in operation until recently too... What the hell was going on here?"

BZZT!

Edigio felt the cellphone in his pocket vibrate, startling him. However, he soon regained composure and picked up the call while ducking behind a shelf in case of another ambush. He could not help but wonder how he managed to receive a call, however, for he had already switched off his cellphone before the operation started. Any of his teammates would communicate with him through the earpiece that all CEDEF members receive on their first day at work.