28 - Fickle Love

[Kakumei Dualism by Nana Mizuki and T.M Revolution - Varia Arc Opening]

"Rave of blood, boil away,
As through mixed with plasma,
Revolution's dualism - now, let's begin!"

******

[Depths of the Depths of the Heart from Dual Destinies - Nightmare]

Once again, she found herself standing alone in a completely dark space. 

She walked around the place, hoping to find someone, or something. And for once, her prayer came true, and a bright light shined on her from above.

Once she looked up, the scenery around her changed. Suddenly, a familiar red box appeared right before her.

'The rings.' She thought to herself. She reached out to grab it but it kept getting pulled away from her.

Pant.

She chased after it. But it kept getting out of her reach.

Before she knew it, it was in the hands of a white-haired person. The man held the box tightly. So tightly, that it started to crack.

'Wait! Give it back! Don't—' But it was too late. The box had already shattered in his hands.

A crack was heard underneath her feet. She looked down and before she knew it, she fell.

"-sumi-chan!"

"Oiii, Kasumi-chan!"

Upon hearing her name, the brunette jolted straight up in her seat. She turned her head to see Anastasia staring right back at her.

"You'd better wake up because the teacher's taking attendance now." She whispered to the brunette. Kasumi nodded in response, before stretching her arms. Her body felt heavy, as if she had been asleep for quite a while. But she looked back at the time, and it had only been ten minutes since she had dozed off on her desk.

'That stupid dream... It's probably because I played that RPG game until such a late time last night.' Giving herself a good slap on the cheeks to keep herself awake, (which shocked Anastasia for a moment), she stared ahead to look back at their form teacher.

"Kagane Anastasia."

"Here."

"Sakamoto Ryuji."

"Here~"

"Sawada Kasumi."

"H-Here!"

"Ikeda Haruto."

No response.

Their homeroom teacher could only sigh in dismay as he proceeded to take the attendance of the remaining students. Kasumi could only stare at the empty table in curiosity, for she had never seen Ikeda Haruto before in her entire school life. Frowning, she thought, 'at this rate, this 'Ikeda' person's not going to be promoted to the next year.' But mysteriously, even though he did not come for classes, his name always managed to appear in at least one of the top three positions for the termly school examinations. Perhaps he was some kind of prodigy?