29 - Evil Teacher Alliance (Part One)

"No no no, this cannot be happening. Where could I have left it?!" Kasumi screamed internally, as she started to rummage through her entire room for the box of rings. 'I literally had it for five days... and now it's gone!'

She emptied out her school bag (even her brother's bag) and searched the living room, but she still could not find it. She remembered bringing it everywhere she went, considering that it should be quite an important item since Leon was the one who gave it to her the other day. She tugged onto the strands of her hair while trying to recount where she had last seen it. But her brain was in such a whirl of panic that she was not able to remember anything at that point. She only remembered putting it inside her school bag that very morning, so she must have brought it to school.

"Kasumi, why are you up and about at midnight? You're going to be late for school if you're not sleeping anytime soon." She heard Tsuna's voice from behind her. Turning around, Kasumi noticed that the soon-to-be mafia boss was currently peeping his head out from his room, clearly puzzled by what she was doing.

"Sorry, did I wake you up? I was just looking for something..."

"What are you looking for?"

'Should I tell him..? But then again, if I do, maybe he'll know something about it.' Kasumi thought to herself, before looking back up to face Tsuna. "Have you seen this red rectangular box lying around somewhere? Its surface is made of velvet cloth."

"Hmm, a red box..." Tsuna placed a hand on his chin as he thought hard. But alas, he shook his head and replied, "No, I'm afraid I haven't."

Kasumi sighed heavily once she heard Tsuna's reply. Scratching the back of her head, she groaned, "Where could it be...? I guess there's no helping it then, I'll be going outside for a while to search for it."

"Outside?! At this time?" Tsuna let out a gasp of shock, as he pointed at the clock on the wall, which said 12:41 AM. "If you're going outside, then I'm coming with you." He continued, dashing back into his room to grab a jacket.

"Wait no, it's alright! I'll be fine on my own—" Kasumi tried to fight back, but she paused midway, as she noticed the look that Tsuna was giving her.

"It's either we're both going to find it now together, or we're both going to go back to sleep. I won't allow you to go out at such a late timing." The boss aura that Tsuna was exerting right now (not that he himself would have noticed it) almost made Tsuna seem like Vongola Primo. "How about we wake up earlier tomorrow morning to search for it together?" He gave her a reassuring smile, which mysteriously managed to calm her down slightly.

"Alright..." The brunette relented, which caused her brother to heave a sigh of relief before going back into his own room.

'Damn, Vongola Blood. It sure is terrifying.' Kasumi secretly laughed to herself as she went back into her room. "I'll just leave the house earlier and find the rings first thing in the morning tomorrow." She reassured herself, 'Things couldn't possibly get worse... right?'

******

There was ONE...

Anastasia stared blankly at the door in apprehension. Every Thursday morning, the first period of the day, this would be her routine. The obsessive glaring at the door would signal the beginning of an hour of putrid doom and gloom.

"Anastasia-chan, what are you doing?" Kasumi asked cheerfully, with flowers blooming in the background.

Without averting her gaze, Anastasia monotonously replied, "She's coming in soon. You should get to your seat before the inevitable happens... Also," Anastasia paused as she scanned Kasumi's uniform. "Why is your uniform covered in leaves?"