31 - Varia VARIA Drama

[Cover pic created on Gacha Life!]

******

'W-What's the meaning of this?!' Getting even more flustered by the moment, Kasumi started to reason out why Haruto would have stolen the rings from her. "Or maybe he didn't steal it? Maybe he found it and was about to pass it to me..."

Was she being too optimistic about this? Or maybe even too skeptical? Thoughts flew in her mind like millions of missiles; her hand trembling as she placed the box of rings back into her bag. She paused, as a sudden realisation hit her.

"...Does it count as stealing if you steal what's stolen from you?"

But before she could even think about it, she heard footsteps approaching the classroom. Frantically, she ran towards the tall cabinets and hid among the cleaning supplies. It was a wise decision on her part as the person who had entered the class was the exact same person she had been thinking about.

"I TOLD YOU TO GO BACK HOME YOU STUPID BOSS!"

His loud voice almost caused the brunette to yelp in shock. Apparently, he was chatting with someone over the phone... And he did not seem too happy about that.

"You came here just to find someone? I would assume you're talking about the other Vongola Tenth candidate right?"

Did she hear that right? Did Haruto just say 'Vongola Tenth Candidate'? And who's he calling boss? Curious, yet confused at the same time, Kasumi perked up her ears to understand the situation presented before her.

"Yes yes, I still have the box with me. Who do you think I am? I am literally the most responsible person out of all of you!"

The box? Could he be talking about her box of rings? If so, then that means that he really stole it...! But why would he? And who on earth was he talking about? There were so many questions left unanswered. The brunette closed her eyes, as she tried to connect the dots. Plus, considering the fact that the rings were with him previously made her even more paranoid. But before she could find out more information, the mentioned white-haired boy had already left the classroom.

"Damn." She bemoaned to herself, as she proceeded to creak open the old dusty cabinet once she made sure that no one else was around. "I'll just have to ask him tomorrow." She picked up her bag and swiftly made her way to the school gates to meet her brother.

******

Later that evening...

"Mom~ Is it dinner time yet?" Tsuna asked as he made his way down to the dining room, along with Kasumi, Lambo and Ipin.

"I think it should be ready~" Kasumi chirped in response as she took in the aroma of what she assumed to be roasted chicken, coming from the kitchen. However, the Sawada siblings did not expect dinner to be so... well, extravagant?

"WHAT AMAZING DISHES!" Kasumi gasped, with her eyes sparkling with excitement.

"AND SHE'S STILL COOKING MORE?!" Tsuna added on, ogling at the number of dishes on the table.

"Tsuna, what's going on?" Bianchi walked over to the mentioned brunet while chewing on a freshly fried tempura ebi.

"Tsuna-nii, did you get a 100 on any of your tests?" Fuuta added on with much curiosity. To see Maman celebrating so happily like this, something big must have happened.

"Eh..?" Upon hearing their queries, Tsuna places a hand on his chin as he thought hard.

Images of his recent test results and the other (rather tragic) events that took place at school came to mind. Heck, he even got hit by a soccer ball yesterday!