21. God really was showing off when He created you

Start from the beginning

"You sounding like a French lady right now." She sat on the water closet, brushing her teeth.

"I'm always gonna be a Ghanaian." I'm never going to ditch Ghana ever in my life, poor or not Ghana is the only country I have that is always going to give me the peace, protection and comfort I need, she's the only country I can be myself without any fear of violating foreign rules.

"For a while, you'll soon be French."

"Not happening."

"It's going to happen when the wedding bells ring."

"No one's talking about marriage El." I'm not ready to tie the knot, I still have university to complete. Drey hasn't talked about it with me though.

"You aren't yeah but that doesn't mean Drey isn't."

"When did he talk to you about it?"

"That time-" El cut herself off, realizing she's going to blurt out something I'm not supposed to know or has sworn secrecy to.

"Which time?" I asked getting out of the tub, "pass me the towel please."

El took the towel from the rack and handed it to me, "here you go." She got into the tub, not answering me.

I get the memo, it's not in my power to know at least not for now. My closet was a mess, El ransacked through it yesterday to bring me clothes for the Times ball drop.

Clothes were scattered everywhere, I was at loss as to what to wear to the dinner so I sat there searching through my clothes in my head for the perfect outfit.

Halter neck dress ? No, Off shoulder dress? No, sleeveless dress? No, pants with top? No, "Aarrgh!" I yelled in frustration, throwing a dress in my hand away, choosing the perfect outfit is a headache sometimes. I must applaud Chloe for her styling skills.

"What's with the anger?" El who just entered the closet caught the dress.

"I can't settle on the perfect dress for the dinner."

"Don't be silly Ann, you look perfect in anything, you'll look chic even in flour sack."

I must say that boosted my ego, El is not the complimenting type so if she says I look perfect in anything then that's an ego feeder. "Lemme model this dress for you to judge, if it's perfect."

I got up from the floor, stepping on clothes I threw away out of frustration and picked up a black velvet off shoulder jumpsuit, wearing it, I paired it with a gold layered choker and beige pumps.

I did a catwalk in front of El, who assessed the dress, "you looking flawless, I told you you look perfect in anything."

"Thanks El, I would still be on that floor if you didn't help."

"Family over everything, what are you going to do with your hair?"

My hair? It's still in its natural state, I've not braided or fixed a wig. "I'm gonna put it in a bun on my head, not in a wig wearing mood."

"Okay cool."

I got out of the dress,wore a strapless bra, no one wants to meet their in-laws with fallen boobs and got into the jumpsuit again. I don't know much about make up, I cleansed my face and left it at that.