3 An affair to forget

Song for the mood: Call Out My Name by The Weeknd. A snippet of the lyrics:

We found each other
I helped you out of a broken place
You gave me comfort
But falling for you was my mistake

Alistair

Friday, April 1

"Do you love me?" Erin murmured, penetrating my sleep with her hand on my cock. "Tell me, Scotty. Do you remember when we were college kids?"

Did I remember? Fuck, yeah. I got off the hotel bed and stretched my sore back. "College was a lifetime ago," I muttered, standing over the nude woman on the mattress.

Erin was fucking beautiful, and I was a bastard-a bloody bastard.

"Tell me you love me, won't you, Scotty?" she begged. There it was-her demanding pout.

Shaking my head, I replied, "Last night should never have happened."

Nothing beat the sting of waking up with a woman I couldn't have. Reality smacked my hangover hard-Erin Everton-Scott was my brother's wife.

The brunette's crestfallen face tilted up at me. Loose teardrops rolled down her rosy cheeks as she touched my palm. "You once said you loved me."

I shook her hand off mine and stared at the minibar fridge. It was nine a.m., and I could use a cold beer to drown my guilt. I frowned, resisting temptation after glancing at an empty Moët & Chandon bottle. It was evidence of our affair.

"We were lovers before you married Saira Quinn," Erin's voice quivered as her tears kept running.

"That was eleven years ago. I'm a divorced father in a custody battle for Damian now."

"Your son. He should have been ours."

"It is what it is." I sighed, remembering why I wedded the daughter of my dad's former business partner. "I had to marry Saira. She was pregnant with my son."

"You broke my heart," Erin whispered. "That was why I left town all those years ago."

I wondered. Did fate tempt me when Erin reappeared out of the blue recently? I spotted her with Oliver-wearing matching wedding rings-at a family party. She was more beautiful than she'd ever been, and I took what I wanted.

Including my brother's wife.

So, welcome to the Scott family. To the outside world, we were Lester Harbor's oil kings and property tycoons. In reality, we were a fucked up family with the keys to the city and a whole lot of chaos.

I ran my fingers through my matted hair and scratched my unshaven chin. "Oliver trusts us, and look, we screwed up," I explained, grabbing my cellphone from the mahogany bedside table.

Erin stared at me with reddened eyes. Not a word came out of her mouth.

"I'm going for a run." I took out an old T-shirt and a pair of sweatpants from my overnight bag.

Erin's tear-stained eyes traveled to my firm abs as she watched me slip the shirt over my head and put my sweats on. "We still have a few hours before Oliver's flight arrives," she said.

"We're checking out when I return and shower. I've got business to take care of."

"On a Saturday morning?"

"Business doesn't take time off, and I have commercial contracts to read." I kept my tone hard and tightened my lips. Softness had no place here.

"Do you know something? I married your brother to come back to you," Erin cried. "Eloping with Oliver was the only way I could see you-heaven forbid, your mother and father would interfere again!"

Wicked SeductionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara