Twentytwo

I ringed the bell and nervously waited for Ruel or anyone to open the door.

The door slowly opened and Ruel smiled as soon as he saw it was me.

"Hey baby, everything alright?" He asked and motioned for me to come in.

"Yeah, wanna go for a walk?" I ask.

"Sure where do you wanna go?" He asked and closed the door behind him.

"The beach?" He widely smiled and we started walking.

We didn't say much on the way to the beach. I just stared at the ground as we walked. Ruel walked next to me trying to not walk too fast due to his long ass legs. He had his hands in his pockets and kicked the stones we passed as we walked.

We finally reached the beach and we sat down on top of a cliff. It wasn't really a cliff it was just a big stone randomly placed on the beach.

The waves calmed me down.

"Have you always liked to surf?" Ruel asked.

I let out a small laugh as I suddenly remembered my first time surfing with my dad.

"Well, my dad who grew up in Malibu used to surf. He asked me when I was really young if I wanted to learn how to surf. I had a huge passion for snowboarding, so I of course said yes. It took me 7 days of learning. I failed so many times and all I did was paddling." Ruel laughed and I punched his shoulder. "Hey! I'm usually a fast learner!" I say to him.

"Ok, ok" he said and raised his hands up in surrender.

"I eventually got my first wave after the hours I spent on crying. It wasn't anything crazy, but it was a solid 6 foot wave. It was magical and I knew for sure that I would never forget the feeling of riding a wave." I looked at waves that was on their way to land and I smiled to myself.

"Surfing is a godlike experience" Ruel added.

I looked at him and smiled. "Exactly, and I don't even believe in god!" I chuckled. "I've been surfing in so many places and so many times, and the experience is always the same. It just brings me closer to nature," I finished.

"It keeps me sane and grounded" Ruel said and I turned around to face him. "And so do you..." he added.

I could feel my heart was about to explode. He made me so happy and there was no one else in this world that I would be sitting next to right now. He made me complete, and I hope I make him complete too.

"I know why we're here, I know why you brought me here Elly" he grabs my hands and intervened our hands together.

"I'm surrounded around a lot of people all the time, but you're the only one who can keep me grounded. You don't let me get too high above my raisings. You don't talk about my career all the time, and that's nice. It helps a lot. You're good to me. You bring the best out of me." He said and a tear is falling down from his left eye.

I could see the fear he had of loosing me. The fear of loosing someone who means so much to you and without that person you're lost. Walking around in hell. That was me for two years. Walking around with a gray cloud hanging over my head and wouldn't leave me until I one day met Ruel again. He was my heaven when I walked through hell and I can imagine how it was for him too.

"I love you, Ruel. With my whole heart and I would never leave you! But I can't stay here forever you know that. I have a life back in New York." His eyes get more glossy and my heart breaks to see him like this.

"Listen," I say and lifted his head up so he could see me in the eyes. "I'm not saying that we should break up, never in a million years! I know that if our love is strong enough we will make it, even though we can't see each other everyday or even touch each other, but we can do it" he just nodded and tried to smile.

I know it hurts, it hurts for me too. Not being able to see him everyday.

"Well, it's a good thing that we have this genius thing called plane" he laughed through his tears and I joined him.

"We can also FaceTime and call everyday" I added and he smiled. "And if I go one day without you calling me I'm gonna beat your ass." I said pretended to be angry.

"Like that's gonna happen" he mumbled.

"You know I could kick your ass! It only took me a week and some pretty intense YouTube videos to master the art of karate" I said and crossed my arms proudly.

"Ok" he laughed and laid down on my lap.

It was quite after that and we just listened to the waves harmonizing together.

I played with his soft, thick hair and looked out in the distance. It was beautiful and the sun was setting. I loved how we just lived in the moment.

Short chapter again, I'm sorry. I'm actually really trying to make these chapters longer, but I thought it was perfect to end the chapter here.

It will be interesting to see how Ruel and Eleanor will cope with the distance and the time zones. Will it work? Or will something else happen?