Fifteen

Eleanors pov

I slowly woke up with a headache. It was pounding and my body was filled with pain. I felt a tight grip around my waist.

I was too scared to turn around. I checked if my clothes were on first, and luckily they were. I decided to take a quick look of who I had in my bed.

I was surprised and shocked when I saw Ruel laying there. He looked so beautiful when he was sleeping.

His eyes slowly opened and I quickly turn around again so he wouldn't see that I was staring.

"You know I noticed you staring right?" He giggled and my face turned red. I pretended to be asleep so he'll believe that I didn't stare.

He stroke the side of my arm and I could feel the goosebumps. I turn around and Ruel was softly smiling at me.

We were just staring at each other like we fell in love for the first time.

"What are you doing here?" I asked trying not to sound rude, but I couldn't remember anything from last night.

He giggled at my question and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Don't worry, nothing happened. I drove you home from a party because you were shit faced, and you wanted me to stay"

"Fuck," I said embarrassed. Ruel laughed and I looked up at his beautiful smile. I was analyzing his beautiful smile. How his emerald brown eyes sparkled when his lips broke into a smile. His laugh, it was the most beautiful sound with the power of healing.

I felt like I was dreaming every time I got the chance to be near him.

I opened my mouth to say something, but I heard a knock on my door and my eyes widened in panic.

"Hey! Sweetie, are you awake?" I heard mom yell from the other side of the door.

"Ruel" I whisper as I quickly got out of bed. I was only wearing an oversized t shirt.

"She can't see you here, jump out of the window" I say pushing Ruel to the window.

"Eleanor are you crazy? It's too high." He said and I let out a stressed breath.

"Ruel, mom can't see-"

The door bursted open and we turned around with fear written all over our face.

"Eleanor, you have to-" mom looked at us and her jaw dropped.

"Mom, this is Ruel.." I awkwardly say trying to make it not awkward.

Ruel awkwardly waved at mom. Why couldn't he just say "hey", instead of being a weirdo.

"Ruel! Omg I've heard so much about you" she said and dragged Ruel into a big hug.

"Ruels gonna go now, sorry mom."

"No, no! This boy needs food. I'll make you breakfast." She points at us before leaving.

After she closed the door I crashed on my bed in embarrassment.

"She was... nice" Ruel said.

I looked at him and rolled my eyes.

He sat down next to me. It was silent. But Ruel had to break it.

"I'm sorry, I know you probably hate me." My face was buried in my pillows so he couldn't see my reaction to his apology.

"You were right, Charlotte is controlling and she's always been like that. I just thought she was someone else when we first met, she reminded me so much of you. But then she got so stuck up in my career and she didn't want me to talk to my fans, or any girl at all." I turned so was laying on my back and I looked at him.

"I broke up with her, it felt wrong. It wasn't easy, but she's not the one" he fiddled with his fingers. I had no idea of what to say.

It's good to hear that he finally realized, but will it change anything for us? Does he still love me?

"I've figured out that I lo-" Ruel couldn't finish his sentence before mom bursted through the door again and said that the breakfast was ready.

We went downstairs and the whole family was sitting there with creepy smiles.

"We're all eating breakfast together?" I asked mom as we walked into the kitchen.

"Yup, since we're having a guest I thought it'd be nice"

I sat down next to dad and my uncle. Ruel sat down across from me, next to my brother and aunt. My mom sat at the end.

We got our breakfast and we started eating.

"Why are you here so early Ruel?" My dad asked and I choked on my food. "Uhm I stayed the night.." Ruel said hesitating. "We fell asleep as we watched movies" I said in an attempt of saving our asses.

"I've noticed that you're pretty famous here Ruel" my uncle said.

"I wouldn't say famous, it's more like well known" he answered. I knew Ruel hated the word famous. He didn't want people to think he got it all over his head. He just wanted to have a normal life next to his "I'm a singer" life. So famous was a word he would never use.

"how did you fall in love with Elly?" My mom asked and I dropped my fork. "Mom!"

"Eleanor didn't treat me like the person everyone else does. She saw me for the real me and made me feel like a normal teenager. She's caring and she's beautiful on the inside and on the outside. She made me feel things I've never felt" he said and my face was burning. I didn't know where to look or what to say.

"Awww" my mom and aunt said. they know that we aren't dating anymore. Why would they start with this bullshit?!

"You know Ellys dad and I met whe-" Mom started on her love story with dad. I had to interrupt her before it got to awkward here.

I grabbed Ruels hand and got up.
"Ok, mom. I think we're done now" I fake smile them and walked away with Ruel.

"Thank you for the breakfast" Ruel yelled to the kitchen as I dragged him outside.

I closed the door and let go of Ruels hand. I rubbed my temple to calm down.

"Uhm Eleanor?" I looked up at Ruel and he looked serious.

I gave him a questioned look instead of asking.

"We should talk" I just nodded and started walking to the sidewalk.

Ruel came jogging after me.

"I'm sorry if I hurt you by just running off after what I did" I just kept on walking and didn't look at him once.

"I know that what you said is true. Like I already said, Charlotte was controlling my life way too much. She made me depressed, and I've realized how much I missed you. I know you wanted to break up because of the distance, but look at us. We're meeting again, you may think that it's a coincidence. But as cliche as it sounds, I don't think it is. I'm sorry but, all I wanna do is try. No matter how much I have to fight for it." He stopped talking and we just kept on walking in silence.

After a few minutes I stopped and ruel looked at me with a confused look. A tear was rolling down my cheek.

"You've apologized way too much, for nothing. I should be the one apologizing. I put you through this. I made you fall in love with me! I was the one who broke up with you! I'm the reason you met Charlotte and became depressed! I'm the one who's sorry! Don't tell me it isn't my fault!" I cried and Ruel pulled me into a big warm hug. I felt safe and for the first time I admitted it.
"Don't tell me it isn't my fault" I cried into Ruels shoulder.

"Let's start over again, I'll take you out on a dinner tonight" he pulled away from me and smiled. I have him a weak smile back and nodded.

"What are we eating?" I asked through my tears and he chuckled. "Don't worry, it'll be a surprise" he smiled and pulled me into another hug.

School is killing me so I hope I'll be able to update as soon as I can, but until then you can follow my insta: ruel_fon_dickhead if You want more from me.

I post edits, random videos and photos.

Byeee all my beautiful readers!!❤️