Nineteen

I decided to put in something fancy even though it was only Ruel and I. But I wanted to look good for him and only him.

I slid on the dress I bought for this special occasion.

I started to put on some light makeup, not doing too much cause I'm never the person to put on that much makeup Anyways

Ruels pov

I sat at the couch looking at the beautiful view of Sydney. I heard the water from the shower running. The couch was so soft and comfortable that I could literally fall asleep on it. But I was too excited for tonight. This is our real first celebration together. It should've been our third New Year's Eve celebration, I'm so happy that we're together again. I'm convinced that faith brought us back together.

As I was thinking about how excited I was I suddenly started to think about real life. I'm an artist, a singer. I'm going on a tour as soon as the new year starts again. I have fans.

Shit, I have fans. When Eleanor and I was dating and hanging out two years ago people made rumors about us dating. It wasn't really a rumor since it was true, but they didn't know. For them it was just a rumor. For us it was a memorable time in life.

The rumors were up for a long time. Even after we broke up. They made theories about who Eleanor was and how we met. The rumors disappeared as soon as the announcement of my collaboration with soseapperal came out. They then figured out that Eleanor was just a "colleague" of mine. She was just a model for my clothes collection.

I want the whole world to know that Eleanor is my girl and has always been. I just want everyone to know that it's her laugh that makes me smile, her eyes are my favorite color, the way she talks gives me butterflies. She's my addiction.

I don't want anyone to get the same butterflies I get when she laughs or say my name. I don't want anyone to call her "babe", except me.

I wanna scream out rn so the whole fucking world can hear it that she's my girl. I'm not afraid to scream into someone's face that she's mine. I'm afraid of the reactions. I couldn't care less about what people had to say about our relationship, but I'm afraid it will have an impact on Eleanor. I don't want her to be insecure or even terrified about what some of my fans will have to say. I know they're all extremely nice and supportive, no matter what I choose to do or in this case, who I choose to call "my girl".

But like every other fandom, there's always someone who have tendencies to be a bit overprotective. Like they know what's best for me. Like they know who I should spend the rest of my life with. I know they just want the best and they want me to be spared of the pain, but they also tend to be a bit extreme sometimes.

I shrugged the thought away and tried to focus on having the best night with the love of my life.

10 minutes passed and the bathroom door finally opened.
I quickly snapped my head around to see her standing there like an angel. What did I do to deserve this?

"Hungry?" She asked innocently as she walked over to me. I just nodded.

"You're drooling" she joked and wiped the "non-existence" drool away.

—————————

Eleanors pov

We had eaten our dinner and desert. It was so good and I didn't want to stop eating, but I eventually had to.

It was now 15 minutes until the fireworks will go up. We can see the fireworks from probably every room in this suite. It was massive and there was many windows lightening up the rooms.

"Where do you wanna watch the fireworks missy?" He said in a very old British accent.

"I have an idea" I said grabbing Ruels wrist. I swing the door open  and dragged ruel in.

"The bathroom?" He asked confused.

"Let's try out the jacuzzi! The view from here is perfect" Ruel smiled and gave me a kiss on the temple.

"Just because I respect your passion for bathrooms" he responded and I rolled my eyes.

We both went into our room and got our bathing clothes. I pulled out the two pieces.

Ruel was already in his bathing shorts when I turned around.

"Can I get some privacy while I change?" I ask and Ruels lips break into a smirk.

"Like I haven't seen anything before"

"Just wait in the jacuzzi you pervert" I said and he walks out laughing.

I walked out of our room and back into the bathroom he had prepared drinks for us and chocolate. (It's soda btw, not alcohol because underage drinking is not cool🤡)

"Ew this is the most cliche thing I've ever seen in my entire life" I scrunched my face up.

"Your idea to look at the fireworks from the jacuzzi" he chuckled and I got in the jacuzzi. Ruel wrapped his arm around me and pulled me close as we looked at the beautiful city lights.

"2 minutes until they'll shoot the fireworks"

2 minutes passed and the dark sky was filled with colorful sparkles spreading over the city. It was beautiful.

Ruel turned my face towards him and he kissed me.

It wasn't forced or uncomfortable. It was passionate and I felt like the butterflies in my stomach could explode anytime now.

I'm sorry for the short chapters, I promise they will be longer soon🥰