Roman whipped out a kazoo and blew into it before Patton had the chance to greet them. 

"It's great to see you, Padre!" Roman quickly squeezed him in a hug, Logan and Virgil watching awkwardly while acknowledging the other's existence with a nod. As soon as Patton was released he looked at Logan with a huge smile. 

"Logan!"

"Hi."

Patton engulfed the nerd in a hug as well, leaving Roman and Virgil to look around the house to avoid interacting.

"So," they both said at the same time, and they both blushed and looked in opposite directions. 

"It's good to see you, Virgil." Roman's smile was small, but genuine. 

"Yeah. Nice to see you too, Princey." He scratched the back of his neck. "How's life on the outside?" 

"Good!"

"Great."

"Mmhm."

"How's the new house?" Roman asked cautiously.

"Cool."

"Very nice. And...school? Have you made any...new friends?" The theater kid's voice wavered a bit.

"Uh, I mean, I met Thomas and Janus, but I'm not necessarily friends with Thomas. And Janus'...Janus." He laughed awkwardly. 

"Howaboutaboyfriend?"

Virgil blushed profusely. "What?"

"What?"

"You said somethi-"

"Oh, I did? Ha, silly me...I've...forgotten." Roman chuckled nervously and turned to Patton and Logan. "So, what shall we do to catch up?"

"Oh, well..." Patton laughed a bit and glanced at Logan. "I thought we could go bowling and then get lunch since we haven't talked for awhile and it might be awkward to just have a long conversation out of the blue. Butwedon'thavetodothatifyoudon'twantto."

"That sounds wonderful, Patton!" Roman clapped a hand on his back.

"I agree with Roman. It sounds...entertaining."

"Wha...really?" Patton's eyes were as large as saucers, and his grin grew ten times larger. Virgil smirked and made a mental note to find an excuse to leave the two glasses-wearing friends alone together. Of course, that would mean he'd be alone with Princey for a bit, but it was a small price to pay. 

"Should we leave now then, Patton? It'll be lunch time in 3 hours. Unless you wanted to have a late lunch, which is perfectly acceptable. I was just saying, because...well...if you wanted a large amount of time to spend with us..." Logan trailed off, which was unusual for him. Virgil took note. 

"Aww of course I want to spend time with you guys, Logan! And Virgil wants to hang out with you two too, right Virgil?" The mentioned teen gave an embarrassed nod. "Lemme just get my shoes on." Patton turned and ran upstairs, grabbing Virgil and dragging the boy behind him.

"What the hell was that for? My shoes are downstairs by the door." Virgil hissed when they were back in Patton's room, shaking from his friend's grip.

"I'm sorry but..." Patton squealed in delight. Virgil flinched at the high pitched sound. 

"He didn't say anything about bowling being childish! And he hugged me and said hi and just..." Virgil cringed as the teen squealed again, not bothering to point out that it was Patton who hugged him, not the other way around. 

"Great. So. Your shoes are?"

Patton giggled. "Downstairs. I just needed an excuse to talk to you in private."

Virgil sighed but gave him a small smile. He shipped the two too much to complain. "Okay, can we go get them then?"

"Yeah."

The two stumbled down the stairs, the other two boys looking up at them with questioning looks.

"Where are your shoes, Patton?" Logan asked.

"Oh, I thought they were upstairs, turns out they're down here."

"I see."

Virgil looked at the empty spot by the door where his shoes should've been. "Where did my shoes go?"

Someone cleared their throat behind him. He turned to see Roman holding his black converse out to him innocently.

"I saw that they were there when you went upstairs. I was going to give them to you but you were coming down and-"

"Thanks, but I don't need a knight in shining armor to find my shoes for me." Virgil said it jokingly, but he definitely saw Roman's face fall out of the corner of his eye while he turned to the other two. Weird. We say stuff like that to each other all the time. Was I too harsh? Virgil slipped on his shoes.

"Okay, let's go you guys!" Patton chirped, and they all filed outside the door. He glanced at Roman's face again but he was back to his charming, confident self. Guess not. 

a/n: who managed to update three days early? this lil' shit right here *points to self*

I know it's shitty writing; I apologize go that. I just really wanted to write this scene because I thought it would be awkward and adorable and fun to write. Turns out it's really fricken hard to write an awkward scene without the actual writing being awkward. After reading this you have proof that this is true. Oh well XD

~ Sam