14

Canada rounded the people of his camp into one big group, he heard mutters of confusion from several countries.

"I'll talk to Greenland," Canada turned to Ukraine, who held two loaded pistols pointed up in the air. She had a sash over her torso of bullet packs down it.

"I'll stay here and make sure nothing happens," Ukraine grinned up at Canada, reassuring him. Canada nodded quickly and moved away, walking around the buildings, to the back of one of them. In the shade of the building, Estonia stood there with an exhausted expression, she had Greenland tied down to a tree across from her.

Canada blinked - it was either Estonia was really strong, or Greenland didn't put up much of a fight.

"Sir," Estonia addressed him, "He keeps denying everything. He won't speak."

Canada huffed, "Well, great. Guess I can use the tactic Ukraine taught me."

Canada stepped closer, and knelt down beside Greenland. He lifted Greenland's head up, and pressed a gun to his head. Greenland's face turned to one of pure shock and fear.

"You don't use guns," Greenland shivered, "You've never liked them. Why now?"

"I don't like liars," Canada growled, as though he'd rehearsed. "And I need that information, it's blatantly obvious that you're working for them."

Greenland hesitated.

"They know where the FA camps are," Greenland breathed, his gaze glued to the muzzle of the gun, "They know because they used me as bait, of course, America rescued me, and here I am. They know where we are."

Canada's eyes widened. He pressed the gun to Greenland's forehead, pushing Greenland's head up against the trunk of the tree.

"Tell me," Canada asked hastily, "Are there any more of you?"

"N-no," Greenland shook his head furiously, "I'm the only one. The next closest person is Antarctica, but we know he's neutral on both sides-"

"Antarctica is like a pet," Canada frowned, "We all know he's neutral. He's a good, trustworthy kid who keeps his mouth shut. If only you could be the same."

Greenland swallowed, his heart thumped against his chest, "I know, he's never leaked a bit of information and all, but I was put in this job! He was never asked by anyone to be neutral!"

Canada rolled his eyes, "I'm sick of this. You're staying here, let your buddies find you. You won't find where we're going, don't even try to look, you got me?"

Greenland nodded, as Canada backed up, Estonia had already left. Canada chuckled, he turned around.

"The gun was never loaded," He laughed, "If you actually knew me, you'd know I wouldn't use a gun."

Canada walked away, leaving Greenland there, tied to a tree in the shade of the building.

Canada felt much better, he'd admit. He felt a sense of relief when he knew there were no more traitors in his group.

"Canada," Ukraine called, waving to him. Canada jogged over, and stood beside her. "We're ready to go?"

"Yeah, I think so," Canada nodded, and looked over the group. He stood up straighter.

"Well, are you going to get them moving, or what?" Ukraine giggled. Canada nodded again, and looked over the crowd.

"Let's get going, people!"

*

Kiwi sat in an old, worn down apartment building. He held a burnt teddy bear in his lap, staring down at it. He wondered about the child who'd used this, where they were now. He hoped they were okay.

He stood up, the wooden floorboards beneath his feet creaked. Old carpet across the ground had scorch marks all down it, and the paint on the walls had began to flake off. There were two sofas placed parallel to each other, mould grew on them.

Kiwi heard footsteps behind him. He groaned, turning around, to see his brother, Australia, standing there with a concerned look on his face.

"Mate, why are you up here?" Australia asked, as Kiwi faced away from him and shrugged.

"It's nice to have time away from mum and dad sometimes," Kiwi responded after a moment. His tone was peaceful. "I mean, don't you think they're a little.. nuts?"

"Well, yeah," Australia stood beside Kiwi, his elbow on Kiwi's shoulder. Kiwi got agitated by this, and swatted Australia's arm away. Australia put his arm down like nothing had happened.

"Do you ever wonder about our brothers?" Kiwi asked after what seemed a minute. Australia shrugged.

"Not much," Australia admitted, "They're not in our life much, though, are they?"

Kiwi nodded, "But I think they have better intentions than mum and dad, if you think about it. The Restoration aren't even trying to rebuild yet. They're just fighting against our brothers, they want to get rid of them so badly."

"Correction," Australia pointed his finger up uneasily, "They want to get rid of America. Canada can be influenced easily, America can't."

Kiwi growled, "I don't want them to hurt America either. I know I can't remember him, but from what I've heard, real chaotic, real happy-go-lucky kinda guy. He sounds fun."

Australia nodded, and furrowed his brows, "So you're not gonna try leave to join them?"

"Actually, I've been thinking about that," Kiwi hummed, looking out of the gaping hole in the wall of the apartment building, a few stories off of the ground. "Next time Antarctica comes round, I'm gonna follow him. You can come too, if you want?"

"I don't think I can," Australia shook his head, "I don't wanna get in trouble, mate. We both know mum and dad are gonna find us at some point or another."

Kiwi closed his eyes, "Guess I'm going alone then, huh?"

Australia frowned. Kiwi sat on the edge of the gap in the wall, swinging his legs off the edge.

"I won't tell anyone about you leaving," Australia promised. Kiwi didn't reply, only watched the environment around him. "..I'll see you around, mate."

Kiwi heard Australia leave. His grip on the teddy bear in his hand tightened, he really had to do this now, didn't he?

Well, it wouldn't be long until Antarctica was here.

He'd better get ready.