4

America blinked himself awake. He shivered, he was cold. As he tried sitting up, he felt his bones creak, which was probably not a good sign. He looked down to his arms and torso, his eyebrows furrowed when he noticed there were bandages covering them.

He quickly looked around - he was beside a large, open lake, no river connecting to it. Forest surrounded him. Be couldn't hear the waterfall, nor the river, in that case.

Behind him was a small log cabin, he was confused. He probably died. He was in a better place... Right?

America heard a thud next to him. He jumped and turned around, a country he didn't recognise sat beside him.

"You are awake," They pointed out, a bottle of alcohol in their hand, "You could have taken a better route to walk down the cliff instead of jumping  off of it. Bravo."

"Am I dead?" America trembled. The other found that hysterical, "I mean it! Where am I?"

America tried standing up, but hissed in pain, sitting back down.

"Of course not," They chuckled, "But you are miles away from that waterfall. You will not make it home easily."

"W-who are you?" America stuttered, shivering. The other took their time to respond, taking a sip from their alcohol.

"Russia," He replied. America had heard that name somewhere before - in a report. A missing report. It all came back to America now; he had seen Russia's name in a missing report. But he was here? Alive?

"You were m-missing?" America shuffled away from Russia, he didn't seem to mind it though. Russia blinked lazily.

"Ah, so you have just noticed," Russia smirked. He intimidated America, to say the least. "Yes, I have been missing for two years. I have been watching from the sidelines. You, are very interesting-"

"Stop scaring him, Russ," A feminine voice grumbled, "And you have not been watching him, you wannabe stalker."

"Shut up," Russia growled, standing up and backing away. A green, red and white country came and sat beside America, grinning, she seemed friendly.

"Belarus," She chirped, sticking her hand out for America to shake. He did so, a little less afraid.

"America," He said back to her. He wasn't sure if they knew he was the leader of the FA or not, but he didn't want to say anything. "So are you guys like... The third party?"

"God damn you, Ukraine.." Belarus cursed beneath her breath, repositioning her red scarf, "I guess you can call us that. Let me guess, Ukraine blew our cover?"

"Ukraine?" America asked with a hint of curiousity in his voice, "I've heard her name before, but... Is she like, did she near one of the FA camps?"

"Yes.." Belarus trailed off, "She was chasing a goddamn boar. 'Oh yeah, we can have boar for dinner,' she said, 'I've just got to try and catch it,' she said."

"She did mention that she bumped into my brother Canada, right?" America questioned, Belarus shrugged.

"Maple leaf on his face?" She pointed to her own face, "Reddish borders?"

America was almost excited and nodded with enthusiasm. Belarus smirked.

"So that's Canada then.." Belarus mentally noted that down, "So you're his brother? You're like.. the brother of the FA leader. Good to know.."

Crap. America punched himself in the face mentally, he couldn't just turn around and say, 'Nah, I'm the FA leader'. What would they think of him?

"So like, are you against the current sides?" America turned to face Belarus, "Like, the Restoration and the FA?"