08 - 𝙳𝚘𝚞𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝙳𝚊𝚝𝚎

𝑻𝒘𝒐 𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒉𝒔 𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓...

It was a normal day in the town of Derry, Maine. Kids were running down the streets laughing, adults were shopping in the small stores in town, and teenagers were hanging out by the Paul Bunyan statue in the middle of the park. It was a certain group of teenagers, of course. A few teenagers from the Losers' Club had taken their spots on the grass while they all stared up at the sky, pointing at different clouds and commenting about what they looked like. Ashley Walker and Richie Tozier laid down on the grass with his arm around her and her head on his shoulder, giggling at each other's responses about clouds. Eddie Kaspbrak and Carrie Tozier nervously laid down on the towel that was on the grass, since it had just been cut and Eddie's mom would freak out if he came home with an allergic reaction.

Eddie and Carrie's fingers were intertwined as they stared up at the sky, red shades plastered on both of their cheeks. Neither of them knew what Richie felt for him, but Richie could only appreciate Eddie taking care of his sister. He would tease Eddie about Carrie, which always made the young teenage asthmatic boy blush. Richie had his girl and that's all that mattered to him. He knew he wanted her, that he needed her. There was nothing stopping him from keeping her.

"Hey, Eds.", The sound of Richie's voice caused Eddie and Carrie to take their hands away from each other's, quickly sitting up to see Richie and Ashley staring at the two of them. Eddie gulped harshly, causing Ashley to grin widely.

"Leave him be, Rich. He's in love.", She giggled softly, causing Richie to chuckle as he smiled at his girlfriend. For years they always tormented Eddie, but Eddie knew they were joking deep down. Just this time it was different because he was dating Richie's younger sister.

"What is it?", Eddie finally asked, bringing Carrie's attention to the flustered boy as she cracked a small smile. Eddie Kaspbrak made her heart flutter out of her chest and she had always crushed on him from the start.

"Still got them birth control pills?", Richie smirked widely as he watched his eyes widen, causing Ashley to gently slap Richie on the arm as she fell into a fit of laughter.

"I recall that he was saving them for your sister.", Ashley spoke through laughter, causing Richie to laugh along as Eddie finally snapped.

"Can you guys not make this awkward? You promised that none of this was going to be awkward. I mean, yeah, funny, I get it. I'm dating your sister, but that doesn't mean that you have to make a big joke about it!"

"Whoa, Eds, calm down.", Richie held his hands in the air to show he would back down. "It's just a joke."

"Yeah, well, you wanna know a joke?", Eddie quipped. "You two are the joke."

"Damn.", Ashley mumbled, causing Richie to turn to look at her, then at Eddie.

"Eddie, calm down."

"Mike, Stan, you, Ashley, Carrie, and I are the only ones left, Rich.", Eddie sighed softly before speaking up again. "I'm the next one to move away, so excuse me if I want to spend as much time in an actual relationship without hearing any of your shit!"

Ashley looked at Richie, seeing how saddened he was all of a sudden. It always came right back to the subject of the Losers' Club disassembling for good. Carrie Tozier had been brought into the Losers' Club not too long ago. It was the same week Bill's father died, and it was the same week that Bill Denbrough moved away from Derry, Maine.