02 - 𝚃𝚛𝚞𝚝𝚑 𝚘𝚛 𝙳𝚊𝚛𝚎

"So, do you think that we'll do it one day?", Richie asked as he laid beside me on my bed, his head laid against my chest as he listened to my heart beat. His question brought a sense of pride to wash over me, which I obviously wanted Richie and I to finally have the chance to go to the next step in our relationship. We were definitely ready for it, which we obviously weren't planning on breaking up anytime soon. We were planning on staying together forever.

"Yeah, I do.", I answered truthfully as I felt his lips curve into a smile against my chest, causing me to smile in contentment as well. My answer of course wasn't a lie, being that I wanted it. He obviously wanted it from the start, which he is a boy and I don't expect any less. There was still always something different about Richie, he would never use me for sex. Richie loved me and I loved him. We can just wait til we're ready, and hopefully it won't be a few more years from now.

"Do you think it'll be amazing?"

"With you, I wouldn't doubt it.", I ran my fingers through his dark, beautiful hair as he circled his head in a motion to get comfortable. His fingers traced circles against the loose material that covered the upper half of my body, making me smile. And before you knew it, he was sound asleep.

I sat beside Stanley and Bill as we debated on jumping into the water. My eyes darted between Richie and Eddie, who were directly across from the three of us. Ben and Mike took either side as they both sat there quietly, probably waiting to see if anyone would ask about jumping again. Richie and Eddie were getting along, being that they never even fought with each other before the group broke up. They just never talked during the two years of all of us ignoring each other.

"Truth or Dare.", A voice called out, bringing me back into reality and out of my depressing thoughts. I glanced over at Ben, who seemed to be the one who suggested such thing. "We should play truth or dare."

"I don't think that's a good idea.", I answered him truthfully, not wanting to even play it myself. Truth or Dare were for friends, but we were far from friends at the moment. We were just people we knew before these grudges.

"Why not?", I turned to see Richie staring at me with an eyebrow raised. Rolling my eyes in annoyance, I then glared at the boy.

"Think about it, Richie. We've all got stuff that's happened, and do you really think this is good for us?"

"Scared that we'll ask you about the horny details?", He quipped.

"Fuck you."

"Sorry, sweetheart. I don't give myself up to girls like you."

"We should, Ashley. We just won't ask about any of that stuff.", Stanley placed a hand on my shoulder, causing me to quickly give him a slight smile of gratitude. He returned the smile before taking his hand away, then glared at Richie. "Right, Richie?"

"Whatever."

That was that. We were actually going to go through with this extremely childish game. Truth or Dare never ended up well for teenagers, because teenagers are the ones who usually hide the most secrets or don't care about a dare because they know they've done worse things. So, I wouldn't have said that I was ready for this bullshit – nor was I ready for Richie's smart ass remarks each time one of them asked me to choose Truth or Dare.

"I'll start.", Bill insisted. He then looked around to see us all nod in response and then his eyes finally landed upon Eddie. "Truth or Dare?"

"Uh, truth."

"Is it t-true that you really k-kissed Annabelle Prescott?"

"No, she's probably got Aids."

That made all of us laugh. God, I missed having them around all the time. They were all so funny, and Eddie was so adorable when it came to stuff like this. He'd always be the one to ramble or rant about things, either that or he'd speak about diseases. He really hasn't changed, but that's definitely a good thing.