30 • The Heir and the Prime

T h e  H e i r  a n d  t h e  P r i m e
2 n d  P O V
2 / 2 2 / 2 0
• • •

   After a series of wacky shenanigans, Jazz joined the rag tag crew. He had been the one bot you'd liked on the Elite Guard ship. He wasn't intentionally cruel and he was open-minded and kind, even when you'd been perceived a threat.

   Unfortunately, things only went downhill upon his arrival.

   While Prowl advanced in his cyber ninja training with Jazz's help, Omega Supreme was detected on Earth's moon. Optimus didn't want to use the Magnus hammer that was now with your group, much to Ratchet's chagrin. Your lover instead suggested an upgrade of some sort that would allow him to keep up with the Cons.

   Ratchet said there was no flying Autobots. Bee and Bulkhead reminded him of Jetstorm and Jetfire, Prowl's jump jet boosters, and pointed to you as well, as you now sported a shiny, red, Autobot sigil on your chassis. Sari piped up about her jet pack. Ratchet groaned like you had taken away several years of his life.

   Bumblebee was sent off with the transwarp engine to spy on the Decepticons. You fussed over him, worrying about all that could go wrong.

   Ratchet worked on Optimus' jetpack with Sari and Mr. Sumdac. When finished, he allowed Optimus to run it at 5% power to start, right outside the team's warehouse home. The ensuing disaster of a first test would've been a comedic goldmine if your spark didn't hurt for him everytime he flailed around in panic and chaos.

  You and the other three had to hit thd pavement so you wouldn't be hit.

   Optimus took off towards Sumdac Tower. You didn't transform as you activated your stabilizing thrusters and blasted off after him. The shaking worry of your wings made it slightly more difficult than usual to fly. Your sweetspark flew to the Windows, before going up, and then spiraling in the direction of a blimp. You sped over to him.

   He dove towards the ground. You wrapped your arms around his chassis and deactivated his jetpack before he could faceplant on the ground. The Prime gave you a long, hard, and passionate kiss that left you dizzy in thanks.

   The next test had Optimus near the building, with the wings of the red jetpack bigger than before to stabilize him. You and Ratchet stood all the way across from him, next to the water tower, and the Sumdacs leaning comfortably on its walkway railing.

   This time, when he activated the device, it worked quite well. That, unfortunately, seemed to make him cocky.

   "I should go and fly by him. Just to make sure he stays safe!" You suggest, hugging yourself as you worried incessantly. "And to make sure he doesn't do anything stupid . . ."

   "I might just agree with that," Ratchet murmured with the natural grunt in his voice. His optics tracked Optimus whenever the flying mech was in the sky.

   Optimus rocketed off, feeling the joy of flying a little too much. Soon, you could barely see him. That didn't stop you from witnessing him get shot down by a Decepticon and fall into a river. Your wings fell to their lowest position as you went into panic mode.

   .::Guys, we've got trouble. Megatron's got Arcee's admission code to Omega Supreme.::. Bulkhead's news wasn't helping in the slightest.

   Ratchet kneeled by your curled up frame. Be did his best to calm you down from your erratic panic attack and urged Optimus to take action now.

   Everything else happened in rapid succession. Ratchet patched up Optimus inside. The team ran outside to find a group of Lugnut-style Omega Supreme's entering Earth's atmosphere. You wished you could dwell on how handsome your lover looked with his new wings and the Magnus hammer in servo, but all you could think of was your potential doom.