15 • The Conflicted Heir

T h e  C o n f l i c t e d  H e i r
2 n d  P O V
7 / 1 9 / 1 9
• • •

Optimus did in fact do a little happy dance after you pecked his cheek.

He also berated himself for his servo kiss. Seriously? A servo kiss! Why didn't he just kiss your cheek? He'd do that next time, he told himself. Just thinking of it made his cooling fans kick back in as he walked with Grimlock. Optimus was glad you hadn't notice the whole time, though the dinobot was giving him suspicious looks.

Anyways, a long while later, Grimlock busted through another wall, except this time it led to Blackarachnia. She lay down on an operating table, kept down by restraints. Meltdown was at the raised control panel beside it, with railings at the side.

You kept yourself hidden away while still listening in.

"No hurting spider lady!" Grimlock demanded. Optimus held the genetic modifier with a tight grasp.

"Ah, gentlemen. I've been waiting for you. Do you have my genetic modifier with you?" The acid man asked, facing the two. He cackled to himself.

"You're not getting it until she gives the venom antidote to my friends!" Optimus demanded, holding out the item.

"I was afraid you might say that," the scientist said. He smiled and snapped his fingers.

Optimus's faceplates was attacked with tentacles that wrapped around his helm. A giant shark crab thing had a hold of him. A giant bat creature was on Grimlock. The two were tossed into a pit where they could see the sky, their backs slamming onto the ground. The creatures set themselves after them.

You couldn't bare to stay on the sidelines watching this. Optimus needed backup now!

"Hey! Get off of them!" You shouted leaping into the pit. You kicked off the freaky shark thing and punched it into the dirt. "Optimus, are you okay?!" You held the thing to the ground with your superior Decepticon strength, though you could only do it for so long.

Optimus stood back up on his pedes. "I'll be okay! Are you sure you're up for this?!" He knew he'd said you were his backup, but he was also keenly aware of your distaste for battle. All Megatron had done had turned you away from it.

"I'll be fine! I'm your backup, remember?!" He couldn't help but let out a short laugh at that.

Grimlock was assaulted to the ground by the bat creature. He kicked it off and took out his sword, which immediately went aflame. He swung at them again and again.

"Grimlock, no! You'll set the whole island on fire!" The Prime warmed.

The shark thing broke free from your hold and slammed you into the ground. You yelled out and Optimus ran to help.

"No one tells me Grimlock how to fight!" The dinobot swing his sword again, causing a line of fire to appear on the ground. It went all the way until it hit a tree, burning the leaves to a crisp and lighting up the night sky.

Grimlock continued swinging his sword at the bat creature. You and Optimus managed to throw the shark thing off of you. Unfortunately, it then wrapped its tentacles around the Prime's neck and toss him into his back. A sharp crab claw was pointed threateningly at his face.