Chapter One

"Stop!" Screamed an aggravated blonde, who's hair was now dripping wet.

You stopped, and the two of you stared at each other for a while until you broke under her harsh gaze.

"Oh come on Elsa, lighten up. It's not that big of a deal, there'll be others." You said while returning your hose's spray of water to the pumpkin patch beneath you. Elsa had been ignoring you all day since you missed her first cross country meet of the season this morning. You figured a tiny bit of water might make her ease up on you a little and have some fun. Boy were you wrong.

"Not a big deal? Y/N I beat my record today. I wanted you there to see it..." She said as she got quieter and turned around to water a different row of pumpkins.

Now you felt like there was a giant hole in your heart. It was one thing to argue with her, but now she flat out didn't want to talk to you anymore. You honestly didn't think your appearance at her races meant that much to her. Nevertheless, your friend was sad and it was your fault.

You stood there stupidly, watering as quietly as you could as to not bother her anymore. You felt like a kid who had just gotten yelled at by their parents, and it was not fun. God her silent treatment is the worst.

The water coming out of your hose seeped into the dry soil surrounding the orange pumpkins and hydrated their roots. It was a pretty hot day for August in Washington, so the patch would need a lot today to get by properly.

It was a really nice day, but you couldn't enjoy it with the tension between you and your closest friend.

You should've know something was wrong earlier when she didn't spray you back with water. It was both of your guys' thing. No matter what season it was or what the temperature was, if someone hit the other with their hose, it was on. Though the memories of those hilarious moments were great, it also gave you the perfect idea on how to make your peace offering.

You stopped watering your pumpkins and jumped over the row into Elsa's area. One more row jump over and you were standing right in front of Elsa, but she wasn't looking up at you. Bitch. You knew she was doing that on purpose.

With a final dramatic sigh, you lifted the nozzle of your hose, aimed it towards yourself, and started spraying. Elsa hesitantly looked up and was caught off guard. Neither of you had ever gone this far to make amends with one another; it was the ultimate sacrifice to you and Elsa. Of course you never really fought with each other either, so it usually wasn't necessary.

She started to smirk a little and when you saw that you got to her, you moved the spray directly towards your face. She let out a full hearted laugh, "Alright Y/N! You got me, you're forgiven." When the water subsided you gasped for air and then started wiping water out of your eyes. You let out a small, "Thanks," but were too busy trying to see again.

Elsa crossed over to the row you were in and gave you a hug. "I'm going to get you wet." You croaked as you slowly reciprocated the hug. "I'm already soaked thanks to you." She mumbled into your shoulder. As the two of you pulled away, you gave her a crooked smile, "Sorry about that, I totally thought you would break if I started a water war."

...

Both of your shoes squished as you walked away from the pumpkin fields and towards the Anderson's modern farmhouse. It was a really nice place considering they owned a pumpkin patch. You and Elsa had just put away your hoses in the shed and were about to take a shower before her parents made dinner.

You loved coming over to your best friend's house, even if it was for work like today. You and Elsa both had jobs as the honorary watering girls. You worked whenever necessary depending on the weather. Washington was usually pretty rainy in the later and earlier months, so you usually got a lot of those days off. Now, however, was not the case. Summers very rarely get much rain so every day this week, you and Elsa have been out in the fields hand watering all the vibrantly colored pumpkins.