Chapter 05

I wasn't about to get dressed up for nothing, I just slipped on a pair of joggers and a tank top since I wasn't even leaving the building. I snatched the swipe card off of the dresser than exited the bedroom. Whoever wrote that sassy little know better be ready to get punched when I see them. I hate that Elijah basically set me up with someone in Miami so I could get away for a while. I'm perfectly fine single taking care of my kids but he doesn't get it. No one gets how hard it is to move on from someone that you were so down for.

When I got down to the end of the hall it was a little door that had another note on it. I snatched it off ripping it open angrily and pulling out the paper that was inside. I knew your stubborn ass wouldn't get dressed. I chuckled shaking my head and pulling the door open. There was a flight of stairs that went down, I see about three more notes sticking to the wall. I sighed walking through the door , pulling it closed behind me and started walking down the steps.

I grabbed the one off the wall at the top of the steps slowly inching down each one.
Remember when I first saw you in high school , knew you were going to be my one and only. Obviously my brother set me up with a guy from high school. I ran down the rest of the steps snatching the rest of the notes. When I got to the landing I opened them both , reading them in order.

One of them read some stupid saying but then the other one caught me. "That camera had all our memories but the best ones are the ones we can tell ourselves." I read out loud but the thing that caught me off guard most is ... I didn't read it alone. The voice sounded so familiar but I didn't want to look up to see if it was true. I could be tripping , hearing shit but I don't know.

"You can turn to look at me Ya know ? This is real, you actually do hear me." King's deep voice filled my ears but I still couldn't turn around. The tears threatened to leave the brim of my eyes but I held them, I refused to let a tear fall. "Ashley."

"I won't believe it....I can't believe it." I whispered dropping the notes to the floor. I heard foot steps coming down the stairs behind me. I bought my hands up to my face covering it when I felt the arms around my waist.

"Believe it because I'm right behind you now." He whispered into early softly. Old habits started back up and I quickly relaxed into his arms removing my hands from my face. "Talk to me please."

"Wh..whats going on? I thought you were dead." He sighed lowly removing his arms from around me and turning me to face him. He looked the same as I remembered , them pink full lips , his curly hair that sat on top of his head , them grayish green almond shaped eyes , and his little dimple in his right cheek. I put my hand on his cheek trying to make this feel real but I couldn't. "Can you please tell me why ?"

"So any reasons. People were after me and like my dad said I was running away from problems. I felt like faking death and running away would have solved something. Don't get me wrong I attempted suicide but I had taken pills , before I could shoot myself I fainted. People heard gun shots go off because the gun went off but I didn't shoot my self. I feel awful about what I did but at the time I was only thinking about me and that was selfish."

"You're selfish but I don't know if I can even be mad at you right this minute." I wrapped my arms around his neck embracing him tightly. Some may say I'm stupid but they don't know what I've been there for the last two years. All I wished for was to be back in his arms and look dream come true. He pulled me up allowing me to wrap my legs around his waist securely. His arms snaked back around my waist walking up the steps. "I missed you so much you do not understand."

"I know , I missed you so much more dont think I didn't. I wanted to come back to you sooner but I couldn't find the courage." I ignored what he said because I'm not ready to be mad at him and kick his ass. That's already coming later but right now I just want to be held inside his arms.

"Shut up King." I whispered into his neck , he did what he was told as we made our way to the suite. His hands were touching my lower back slowly rubbing it. I just smiled a little feeling all relaxed in his muscular arms. I've honestly missed this so much.

"Sadly it hasn't even been ten minutes since we've seen each other and I'm already being told to shut up."

"Kingston." I looked at him and he chuckled going into the room after swiping his key card. He set me on my feet and we walked into the living room area of the suite. I sat on the couch crossing my legs Indian style and he sat across from me on the other couch. "I hate you."

"I know." He replied to what I said as if he knew where it was going anyways. This whole situation going to have me fucked up because he knows me so damn well. Everything I may say he might've heard it before when we used to argue. Especially the I hate you but that's what I always say. He knows it means I love him because I do. "You always say that."

"I know... you always push me to the point where it has to come out my mouth. You're always doing stupid shit, really stupid shit." I informed him glancing over at him to see his eyes not even on me but on the floor in front of him. I don't want to make him feel too bad about the situation but damn , he is in the wrong.

"Im sorry." he whispered still not looking up.

"A sorry isn't going to be enough , explanations and a whole lot of apologizing then I'll probably forgive you. Two years ? What the hell have you been doing down here for two damn years ?"

"Trying to get myself together so I could tell you I was alive. I've been working , like rally working because my dad made me work in his car shop. I've been saving money , doing everything in my power to be alright before I called you down here."

"In reality you were just thinking of yourself , only worrying about Kingston. Don't say you weren't because I sat around crying for two years , your son is fucked up in the head because of you but you're perfectly fine now. So you called me here thinking I was going to be okay with you huh ? Just butter me up an let me move down here with the kids to be a big happy family huh ?" He didn't say a word. "Since you're so quiet , talk to me when you're ready or I'm going home tomorrow."

"If you word just sit your little mad ass down and listen I'll talk. I know you're angry and I know I've bought nothing but pain to Yall but I felt empty. You left me , Keyonna started fucking with someone else , even my best friend left me alone. I had no one , o really did try to kill myself I had no reason to live I thought. I was hospitalized for a month before I even took off fuck." he placed his hand on his head standing up. "I just want a chance to make it all up and show you I'm ready to really settle down."

"Why do you think I'm going to take you back with the quickness ? Because I'm vulnerable huh ? Because I'm weak and I need someone to be there for me. I need help with the kids and I want to relax , I just want to be loved. You know this though so you think I'm just going to fall back into your arms and say fuck that you faked your death leaving me to take care of three kids on my own." I shook my head. "It's been so hard emotionally I'm fucked up but I try not to show people but you don't care do you."
he just looked at me and I stood to my feet walking over to the bed. I need a nap or something I can't take this.